Best Tyre Pressures

keendean

Reaction score
Sorry I know this has been posted before, I did try the search.
Audi S3 lowered on H&R springs, std alloys, Goodyear F1's all round, and its driven hard around bends. Its been set all round to 32 psi which I don't really like the feel of. I'm still gaining confidence after its been lowered and trusting what the cars going to do.

Opinions?

I run the standard 17" alloys.

I like 30 psi front and 32 psi rear.

Try different combinations... after all it's a free mod that can give great results once you find the right combination.

This really needs to be made a sticky, we have this question at least once every couple of weeks.

Last time the general consensus was 34 front 36 rear for most hard driving.

Someone suggested it, then loads of people tried it (myself included) and found it was way better than the standard stated pressures.

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
This really needs to be made a sticky, we have this question at least once every couple of weeks.

Last time the general consensus was 34 front 36 rear for most hard driving.

Someone suggested it, then loads of people tried it (myself included) and found it was way better than the standard stated pressures.

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]
34 and 36 for 18" wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Ah yes, whats the overall extra area in the 17" wheels?

Can't be 'too' much different can it, as they will be the same rolling profile, in fact, given the extra height of the sidewall on the 17" wheels, then the same or higher pressures should apply?

i run 30 psi front and 32 psi rear on 17" RS4's Works for me!

I did try a serach but the results were useless, hence the post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I did try a serach but the results were useless, hence the post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep - this has generally been asked for 18s rather than the standard 17s so this thread is useful i think.

I currently run 32 front 34 rear but would be interested to hear what other people do, especially with modded suspension.

Cheers,

B.

The car still feels a bit heavy, turning from left to right cornering hard, or this just to be expected?
I'll adjust the tyre pressures this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The car still feels a bit heavy, turning from left to right cornering hard, or this just to be expected?
I'll adjust the tyre pressures this weekend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Has it recently been lowered? ... I am assuming that you have had the wheel alignment checked and adjusted? .... if not and its out, it could make it feel a bit heavy.