Lowered S3 on H&R springs-Rear Camber

keendean

Reaction score
Just had the 4 wheel allignment checked out, the rear camber was out, but it's not adjustable? It was only out a few degrees, is the camber going to be different/nothing I can do about it? Hence no point worrying about it?
Would the settings be different for the car now its lowered, would it be worth contacting H&R?

TIA

You need rear adjustable tie-bars or the inside of your tyres will wear down very quickly!

This is what you need:

FMAUTB.jpg

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0105CHAS&product=FMAUTB

[ QUOTE ]
Just had the 4 wheel allignment checked out, the rear camber was out, but it's not adjustable? It was only out a few degrees, is the camber going to be different/nothing I can do about it? Hence no point worrying about it?
Would the settings be different for the car now its lowered, would it be worth contacting H&R?

TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

Lowering the car should knock the camber out to about -2°. It's down the geometry set-up at the rear. Quite normal, but I found it quite jittery at high speed and more neg rear camber means more understeer.

The Forge tie-arms make a big difference to the handling, shame the paint on them is crap. Mine are beginning to bubble up and rust after just a few months.

We sell ECS camber correction arms. They are £270+vat instead of the £300+vat of the forge items, come complete with bolts .etc, and are powder coated black.
3149_x600.jpg

Rich

ooooowwww, just noticed they sell Forge Ceramic brakes, lovely price tho

Jabba sell modded standard rear arms for alot less than the forge items. I think they are about £175 exchange. Definately worth givin them a call.

S3Steve do you have the AMD rear arms?

Fair bit if profit in the arms considering they are simply modifying the original bars.
Try and find a local engineering place, be a bit flirty with them and get them to modify your own set!!

I did(no flirting required) and only cost me £60!!

[ QUOTE ]
Fair bit if profit in the arms considering they are simply modifying the original bars.
Try and find a local engineering place, be a bit flirty with them and get them to modify your own set!!

[/ QUOTE ]

For peace of mind I would rather have an adjustable tie bar that was designed for the task. Modifing the orginal part my be cheaper, but is it strong enough, and if it snaps where do u stand? A big bill probably.

The Forge arms are standard arms, modified.
They used to be exchange...not sure if they are now or not.

The difference being, they are TUV approved (I believe) so the strength is proven.
I'd have no objection to modifying standard parts...as long as you have a good understanding of the stresses involved and make them strong enough....and thre welding is good enough!