Headlight Removal

bioharry

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to remove the drivers headlight on my facelift S3 but not getting too far. I have released 3 of the retaining screws (I think thats all of them???) and i just cant get the light out the front passed the bumper.

Is there a special technique or are there more screws to remove?

If anyone has a works diagram picture that would be more than helpful.

Many thanks

I can't speak from personal experience (although it's a job that's been on the cards for at least 6 months now!); but AFAIK Elsa instructs you have to whip the bumper off to get the cluster out properly. Again AFAIK; the guides to upgrading your lights do too.

Perhaps someone else knows a sneaky-trick though?

Regards,

Rob.

its a bumper off job.

and iirc its just the 3 screws.

2 on the top, one at the base, at the back.

(based on the facelift headlights)

I had to take drivers headlight out to fit my samco hoses.

QST (Kim Collins) were able to remove my head light without removing the bumper so that the silicon hose could be fitted to the intercooler. I recently tryed this myself, but was able to remove the head light. So not sure how they did it, but is possible.
The four plastic studs that sucure the top of the bumper were removed this allows you to pull the bumper out at the top, but i could still not remove the light, did not want to force it.

You CAN get the light out without pulling the bumper, but it's a PITA to get the light housing off of the (Don't know what it's called...) motor that adjusts beam height?? You know, the 3 position switch next to the dimmer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyway, one you get that off, it'll pull out but like I said, it's a Pain In The @ss! And getting it back in is just as difficult /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif (Or at least it was for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif