Warning light ;-(

Duber

Reaction score
Website
www.justmatz.co.uk
Just noticed today that the yellow warning light has decided to raise it's ugly head on my instrument panel.
Whats the cheapest way of finding out whats wrong without being fleeced by a main stealer. I'm in South London,

Thanks all,
DSCF1085.jpg

What warning light is it? Engine light?

Can you take a photo?

Yes it is like a little engine shaped light around the 50mph area on the speedo dial. Will grab a photo today...

DSCF1082.jpg

I Would maybe have that checked out with a Vagcom diagnostic tool. Is there anyone near you with vagcom?

[ QUOTE ]
I Would maybe have that checked out with a Vagcom diagnostic tool. Is there anyone near you with vagcom?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea....
Help anyone please? :-((((( I'm in south London,

Thank you

Just take it to an Audi (or VW I suppose) dealer. There won't be a high cost just to plug it in to the computer for a diagnosis. Once you know what's wrong you can decide whether to have it fixed there or go elsewhere. Don't leave it too long, you might be doing damage (that light can mean any number of things).

[ QUOTE ]
Just take it to an Audi (or VW I suppose) dealer. There won't be a high cost just to plug it in to the computer for a diagnosis. Once you know what's wrong you can decide whether to have it fixed there or go elsewhere. Don't leave it too long, you might be doing damage (that light can mean any number of things).

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot, I'll pop down there later,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt bet on there not being a high cost from the stealer for a diagnostic.

Nice one will call them in the morning as my local dealers fully booked for a week.

Thanks again, and i'll keep you all posted, (fingers crossed)

Vag-com sorted it foe me, For NOTHING!
It was a fuel line running to lean, and the idle had dropped a touch (not that i noticed).
Went to a place in Croydon called EUROTEK and was very happy with the service took about 6/7 minutes. Lots of places do vag-com apparently but it depends on what the garage pays for there license from vag-com as to how many faults can be located, Strange.
Eurotek have access to all 90 fault codes too.

Thanks all

You may find the error returns. If you have a faulty component causing the lean situation it may happen again.

If it does, let us know. Also try to get the exact error code number.

[ QUOTE ]
You may find the error returns. If you have a faulty component causing the lean situation it may happen again.

If it does, let us know. Also try to get the exact error code number.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess what Mr HTC?

IT'S BACK!!!
Come back on the M23 coming from Brighton to S London when is pressed the reset button on the wiper stalk, only wanted to see my MPG figures:-(((
I'll go back today and get the fault code and see if anyone can help on here.

I'll keep you posted again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif