Legit Car? ...What do you reckon?

jedwa115

Reaction score
Opinions?

... Looking at S3's to buy. This one is in AT at mo. Trader. Working from lock-up in London. No other premises. Gave me Reg, Eng number, chassis number, all checked out... refuses to tell where car came from, refuses to give home address or other detail. I walked away. Car is at an amasing price. Too good to be true??! I was worried it was cloned. If nothing wrong, why 2.5k under book price? It's 500 quid below glasses trade price!!

(http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WW...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200613230574825)

I did here of a con whereby people come round and view a car for sale as a private sale, and then don't buy it. They then advertise it themselves on somewhere like eBay or AT at a much reduced price, and if they get someone interested they steal the car 'to order' - having been round to your house so they know exactly where to find it.

Friend of a friend spotted this when he found his M3 being advertised on eBay with a 'buy it now' price of £5k less than he was asking in AT. After much arguing, eBay pulled the ad.

You definitely did the right thing to walk away. Anything that gives you a bad vibe should not be pursued further. Keep searching for your S3 - you'll find one that ticks all the boxes.

[ QUOTE ]
You definitely did the right thing to walk away. Anything that gives you a bad vibe should not be pursued further. Keep searching for your S3 - you'll find one that ticks all the boxes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. If someone is honestly selling the right car at the wrong money, and is keen enough on a quick sale to take a £2.5K hit on the money, surely they should be keen to give away a few particulars for free?...

Regards,

Rob.