Brake Judder

Ryanc

Reaction score
Just fitted new discs and pads all round and am getting some brake judder from high speed,trying some different make pads on the front and rear,would this make a difference?

[ QUOTE ]
Just fitted new discs and pads all round and am getting some brake judder from high speed,trying some different make pads on the front and rear,would this make a difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan,

Do you mean judder at high speed when braking, or judder at high speed like an unbalanced wheel?

if when braking, have you made sure there is no grease or anything on the discs? Might be worth cleaning the discs with brake cleaner, and using some emery cloth on the pads, just to make certain they are clean.

RIch

When braking from high speed rich,will check the discs but i did fit them myself and used degreaser/cleaner before i fitted them.

[ QUOTE ]
When braking from high speed rich,will check the discs but i did fit them myself and used degreaser/cleaner before i fitted them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. Another thing to check. Make sure the mating surface between the disc and the hub is free from any dirt/grit that could possibly be stoppig it from sitting flush.

Also - We had a problem with ECS discs a few years ago now.... We had 3 sets which all appeared to be warped. Wasnt the case, but they werent 100% true, so they now machine the surface of all their dscs to ensure they are 100% true...This, however, shouldnt be a problem on yours. Are they OE porsche discs?

Rich

porsche oe so should be good

I would just check the mating surfaces then and make sure they are spotless.

Rich

Ryan, when changing the OE porsche front rotors, what did you do with regard to the bell - is it just unbolt from the old rotor and fix to new oe item or did you get a new bell?

Dunc

Use a feeler gauge betwen the disc and the brake caliper(if brembo) or the caliper carrier
to check to see if there is any disc runout, it could be some crap between the hub and the disc bell. I would start with the front /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

unbolt old bell and bolt to new discs after removing 911tt bell.

Brakes back to there best.Not sure what is was but it's gone now.

[ QUOTE ]
unbolt old bell and bolt to new discs after removing 911tt bell.

[/ QUOTE ]

really that simple?

no specific torques or thread lock compounds?

ive always left disc changes to my tuners because ive never been sure..

no thread lock ,torqued them same as they came,job done.

as long as you know the torques, just start on opposing side snd torque them up. No rocket science in doing it!

Rich