a few s3 questions???

nky_84

6th Gear
Reaction score
Are all S3's 6 speed?

Do the VVT engines give better gains when mapped?

Are the phase 1 front lights the same but just come in 2 peices?

insurance quote: M, 21, 1 NCB, no points or convictions: £820 a good price, goes down to around 700 when 22

Whats the standard tyre size?

Got a few more but cant think of them just now,

cheers guys

Nick

s3's all 6 speed
vvt makes no difference it's for emissions
lights are only cosmetic(same power etc)
sounds cheap insurance as your only 21
215/45/17 standard tyre

Hey Nick,

Yes, all S3's are 6 speed.

VVT has no effect on the remap performance, you should end up with 250-270bhp depending on the type of map and the accuracy of the rolling road it's tested on. That's the same for both the 210 and the 225 versions. VVT on the S3 only comes in at idle, it's not the same as the VTEC type in Hondas.

The 2-piece lights have the xenon's next to the indicators, 1-piece has them on the inside, next to the grille. I think the same bulbs are in both?

Excellent quote for your age. Go for it!!!!

Standard size tyre is 225x45x17. If the car has the 18" option then the size should be 225x40x18. And obviously, if you went up to 19's the it should be 225x35x19 to maintain the rolling radius (as close as it'll get). You really don't want to go any wider than that on an S3 - it just doesn't need it.

mate which insurance company did you get the quote of ?

[ QUOTE ]
mate which insurance company did you get the quote of ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Direct line online

My mom is also with them so get a further discount

I thought they were all VVT just that the earlier cars were hydraulic and the later cars were electronic

beware when getting an insurance quote.

210 PS s3's are group 17
225 PS s3's are group 18

for me, that a difference of about £200 on my premium.

it's insane.

as for the headlight differences, there are a couple of differences if you're expecting to retrofit facellift items, like connector changes and wing modification - neither of which are difficult though. The wing mod is a quick cut out of a lip, and the connector change is a quick fabrication of an adapter loom (unless you want to permanently modify your existing loom).