New key cut, immobiliser stuck on!

GazzaA3

Reaction score
Got a new cut cut today after ordering a new blank,
Fires up ignition fine, but immobiliser light flashing and cuts out engine within few seconds.
Any ideas what's happened, it all worked before.
Here is my broken key ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406058084713446

you might have damaged the transpondrer in the key fob, is the new blade back on the original fob?

mark

Had a new fob with a blank key cut, and inside transferred over.
I'll get a picture

It's in the other half of the key (front half).

it it looks like a glass grain of rice and is usually set into come resin / glue to hold it in.

Here you go:

It breaks very easily, I usually cut the key casing around it with a Stanley blade, very carefully!

Think found it, it's in the originally bit, could I jut use that bit with new blade?

as long as the old blade section fits on to the new button part,

mark

Smashing, I'll get it back together and try it tomorrow, any other bits I need for it?
Any special way if doing it?

Try it this morning, no good! This yellow light flashing, engine cuts out after a second.

Any ideas?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406116971816387

try holding the old key with the transponder in it next to the igniton switch and starting car with new cut key.
mark

Will give it a go!
Does it need the board aswell? With the switches on?

Just the transponder needs to be transferred... I did this on a key swap on mine recently... you need to be quite careful as its easy to shatter the glass pill... I used a jnr hacksaw to carefully cut away the old key around the transponder then using a craft knife I trimmed the surrounding plastic and potting compound to be able to free the transponder...

I also used a little heat from a heat gun to soften stuff up but don't over do it

<tuffty/>

That seems to dangerous for me!!
Iv used the old casing with it in still on new fob key, will that not work?

put the new key in and turn on the ignition, imobi light should stay on, now hold the transponder to the igniton switch the yellow light should go out if it does not the transponder is ******,

ps how was the old key nackerd?

Yea that was how I was doing it, going to try it how originally did before got new key cut

No joy, tryied it like this, still the same!
Tryied it like did before got new cut and still the same, Somethink must of happened while getting changed or Somethink!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406129426409325

Daft question was the ignition on with imobi light on? Then hold the transponder close to the lock and see if the light goes out still holding the trans next to the key

I kept it in that position in the picture the whole time, imobli light is on with ignition

Try the same but move the transponder around the ignition barrel, and see if that puts the light out

carefully remove the vial thing from that broken key (best way is to use a stanley to bit by bit cut away the housing until you can free it, dont prize at it)

Fit it properly to the new key, and try it.

I would try that, but the risk of me breaking it would be high!
So want to take the chance with leaveing it in where it is?

You should be able to reassemble the key using the existing transponder section.

Where are you? Might just be easier for someone to code the new key for you.

I'm in Devon, Torquay!
The ring on ignition switch beeing at the end of the barrel?