Q: GolfTTish banning

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolfTTish

Reaction score
GAL
When apr release serial port tuning it'll be a topic. Until then it's just hearsay (crap band who won some TV program)

Basicly ECMS, good product, had it, impressed by it, but IMHO my current chip is better. Best 1/4 I ran with APR was 14.9. With same mods, but a different chip I ran 14.22. I can't mention my current chip though!

errrr Gal? I find that really quite derogatory!!!

This is a topic because a user has asked a question. It is not up to you to define what users speak about!!!!!!

APR serial port tuned approx over 120 cars at the recent Waterfest in the US - apparantly over 60% of those (VAG) were serial port tuned.

Just because something hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean you can't talk about it! What about 3G, IP v 6, Voice over IP, flight !!!! People talked about all of those before they are commercially released !!!!

Jo you obviously didn't get GAL.
As in Get A L___

I have no problem what so ever with apr's product. As I have said, 'had it, impressed by it' It's just your negative attitude I have a problem with.

As for 120 people being Sp tuned at waterfest, Vortex had all of about 4 people who said they had been. Biggest VW forum in the world. Where were the other 116 people, and where did they hear about the product?

Yawn - I have a life, unfortunately yours seems to revolve around trying to irritate people!

You think everybody that gets tuned, logs into a forum? Yeah right !!!!!!!

How many people get their cars tuned with MTM, for example, each day, and what percentage of them read a forum - particularly a specific forum. VWVortex may be a large forum, but there are others!!!

PS - I didn't say 120 were SP tuned, I said about 60% of those were SP tuned.

No I don't try to irritate people. It just happens.
Most people who tune their cars check out the options on forums, or the likes of Audi Sport wouldn't exist. How many people get their cars tuned by MTM per day? In the UK? <1

And I bet every one of them read up on the internet about it first. On forums etc. How else would you justify spending that sort of cash.

Not most people at all ! We have over 2000 registered users spanning the globe - I wouldn't say that was "most" people that tune their cars at all!

Even the bigger forums don't cover everybody! In fact I've even met people that don't use the Internet, but still tune their cars.

I have no idea how many people are tuned by MTM each day, but I know roughly how many get tuned by AmD and I would have thought they were similar numbers.... maybe I was wrong. But I know that not all of AmD's customers use web forums.

VAG sold well in excess of 200,000 cars last year in the UK alone, how many of those read your posts? not many I suspect!
So how many VAG cars are there on the roads around the world at the moment? ALOT, and 99.999% won't ever read this, get over it!

I know a great number who do use the hintenet
I am sure amd do tune a similar number to MTM in the UK each day. ie <1.
I spend some of my spare time flyering for UKMKIV's.net and I reckon 1 in every 2 golf owners I speak to knows about the forum.
Even My 65 year old mother uses the hintinet!

Errr Amd tune <1 a day? Tuning isn't just the remap - I mean any form of tuning!

<1 a day? Who could run a business on that!

Nah... not everyone will read forums... some poeple will just read about it, speak to teh relevent comapny adn get it done... the wiser person will obviously get opinions and base their choice on that!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
GolfTTish said:
I know a great number who do use the hintenet
I am sure amd do tune a similar number to MTM in the UK each day. ie <1.
I spend some of my spare time flyering for UKMKIV's.net and I reckon 1 in every 2 golf owners I speak to knows about the forum.
Even My 65 year old mother uses the hintinet!

[/ QUOTE ]

funny the 3+ a day I see in the rolling road must all be apparitions!

You're quite clearly showing the public what you are all about, within the space of two hours you've publically slated APR, AmD, Jabbasport and MTM, while you've proceeded to advertise your own little story.

Maybe not slated, but you have likened Jabbasport to "Specsavers", and implied that MTM and AmD barely manage to tune a car a day each if they are lucky!

Whats going on? Looking at your old posts they used to be balanced and informative.

What happened? Did you just get bored and decide to annoy a few people?

I agree with GolffTTish...

Everyone who tunes their cars reads every forum on the internet, they must do, because GolfTTish said they do.. and he's always right isn't he ?

two words for you mate - GROW UP.

I'm sick of your pointless private messages and posts that pull good, informative threads off topic. If you can add something informative and sensible then do it, if you just want to be an **** please go forth and multiply.

If your new chip is so wonderful lets hear about it, lets see some power & torque graphs, some data logging, AFR, inlet temps, boost pressures.. the full works.

Or do you just want to sit back and waste everyones time like you have been for the past few weeks ?

your choice.

edited for typo.

Just to let everybody know that GolfTTish has now been banned from audi-sport.net.

We are putting this in the open so people know the reasons why.

He posted saying something derogatory about a member of the admin team (no user is allowed to "slag off" any other user"). He was asked to remove it, and did so, but then continued to post inflammatory and argumentative posts, despite being asked not to.

However, every user is entitled to an opinion, and banning him was not considered until he posted this in a PM to one of the Admin/Moderator team:

"if JPR and Jo weren;t so anti, then I'd let it lie. But they are, so I'll continue to post contadictory oppinions to theirs, untill they ban me."

Seems that he was insistent on posting contradictory views to Jo (Audi Girl) and John (Wando) - this is not constructive and is just time-wasting and contributes no value to the forums.

Hence he has now been banned.

Regards

Ahem, I quote from the Mk-IV forum, from GolfTTish's own quote:

"Obviously I'm a pr*ck.!!!!
1 sided post with a lot of mine removed placed on audi sport.
The other people in the post are admin staff.
Bunch of Cu*** who cant debate like adults.
If I ever meet John Robins it'll be a day he'll regret.

Anyone on here think i'm anything but helpfull (apart from when I'm taking the pi**?)
"

So that's a threat against John - and recorded here for posterity.

He seems to think he was banned because he has a quick car...: Just tried to rub in that my Revo powerd Glof did 14.22 at the Pod today. HE didn;t like that much (works at amd)"

For the record, it was NOTHING to do with the times attained by GolfTTish's modified & Revo'd car at Santa Pod. It was, as stated above, the fact that he has admitted he just wanted to contradict everything that John or myself said.

Have to say, that having seen that sort of language and threat, that I am glad he is no longer a member of this forum.

yeah he seems to think I'm the only person who is annoyed by the need for us to have to constantly tidy up his abusive and unrelated comments, If only!

Anyway business as usual lets talk cars and keep it clean and not make it personal.

Hi all
I am a new member and I am actually checkin the forums to try and find some honest opinions about chips remaps I am finding this forum to be invaluble for some info but on the chip side of things my head is burlin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif as soon as a thread starts it takes off into a slaggin match there is also hints of info held back about bad experiences you know who you are (admin + users) which if I am goin to spend 750 quid on a chip/remap I would like to know about there is no other way to find out about bad points as the dealers only tell the good points so could we please put the differences aside and get some sort of good + bad info up about these products.
Cheers Andy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I agree it is a shame, everyone will be defensive about where they spent there £££

I suggest you take everything said on forums with a pinch of salt, as the person who wrote the post might not be who or what he seems, far too many people nowadays have hidden agenda's ands unfortunately it is widespread across all the internet, your best bet is try and get a drive in several of the cars modified by different tuners, and remember any modified car will feel quicker, also look at the driveability of the modification and not the 'down the pub' power figures!

Hi Andy,

I am no expert on tuning, but like you I closely follow the these threads and would say that if your looking for someone to say this is the best product or this is the worst then you're missing the point.

Afterall what you'd get is just someone elses opinion.

By far the best way of deciding which product to go for is for you to weigh up all the pros and cons for yourself. This will inevitable mean doing a fare bit of research about what an ECU does. There's loads of stuff on what different products do and also what these have translated to in terms of rolling road maps and standing quarter mile results. And yes you'll have to do a fare amount of reading between the lines.

I guess it comes down to three things:-
1. Drivability
2. Stealth
3. Reliability
4. Adjustabilty

When you've decided which is best of you I am sure there's plenty of information for you to make up your mind.

Generally this debates get heated because one person ends up taking offensive at other peoples attitude, and it really boils down to my cars better than yours debate (or in some cases, people with hidden agendas trying to persuade you one product is better than another.) These threads then become pointless.

But don't be put off by what can at times seem like a total dimissal of one type of product. Generally all tuning product works and will improve your car to about the same level. I doubt that any one type of tuning of the ecu that is significantly better than any other - they generally give more of less the same performance.

Because this site wants to remain independant and unbiased it's the only way these debates can be handled.

Ps. theres a great article on the evo website about BHP and torque and how it can effect your car.

[ QUOTE ]
Andy bS3 said:
I am goin to spend 750 quid on a chip/remap I would like to know about there is no other way to find out about bad points as the dealers only tell the good points so could we please put the differences aside and get some sort of good + bad info up about these products.
Cheers Andy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive just spent that much on my chip which i got saturday, from awesome so its the apr system

for that i got cruise fitted and i have three programs std, chipped and optimax.

all i can say is get a chip im sure most have the same results but its ****** great the car just comes alive for me i found the chipped to be okay but not as much fun as the optimax program, and as i only use optimax no probs, but having the chipped version is good for those time you need fuel and cant get optimax. They advised strongly not to run the optimax program on std unleaded.

switching on the move is fine altought you need to hold the button for a little while to swicth.

so far im not sure what the difference in mpg is as ive been booting it everywhere but ive done about 300 miles to a tank so maybe just a little off normal

whilst there i also got a new dv fitted so not sure how it would be with a std one on and chipped

last thing heres a pic of my face whilst driving /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and now one of the misses /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

hehehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

quite agree Andy

But...

Hearsay , rumours and actual experiences are two different things.

take me for instance.

I have had Revo in previous S3, and I am currently unchipped, although will be shortly. Ive tried Revo. Had no trouble with the product at all. Ive been there, done it and fancy trying something different.

but i cant compare it to anything else.

Im looking at AmD, MTM, and the serial programming from APR as we speak. Checking out various Dyno tests, user opinions etc.

I would only take into consideration people who have had first hand experience with the product in question and can give their own factual opinion based on that alone

If that happens to be someone who has had a problem with the product then so be it.

One of the common suggestions is try to get drives/rides in the various chipped cars. The various audi meets and events are good for this.

Each map will give you a smile. but they have their own characteristics.

Where i might like liniear power thru the range, you might like a real punch in the back low down and as a result it tail off top end.

really depends on your driving style.

Basically it all boils down to what you want out of the chip... My AmD remap is great for my style o driving... the poweris highe up the rev range, which means the car drives like standard for normal driving, but when u want to drive fast, jsut drop a gear and floor it and your off!!! its fantastic!

My brother (JayA4Turbo) has a Sportec rempa, which is the complete oppostie to the AmD remap (although its still carried out at AmD) as his power is all lower down the rev range, therefore tails off alot earlier than mine.

I reckon the best way to choose sitting at home, is to get a load ofm dyno plots from each of your choices, and compare them and see which one suites you! In this case, other people opinions are just that... their opinions, and you should;nt let other make your mind up for you!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
audi-sport admin said:
Just to let everybody know that GolfTTish has now been banned from audi-sport.net.

Regards

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't he just come back using a different profile?

Don't see why he would want to, having read what he has said about audi-sport and its users & admin/moderators on another forum!

Probably just block his IP address so he cant get back in no matter what name he has.

This bickering is getting a bit silly now. Just let things lie and close this thread. Everyone knows the score and hopefully in future wont reapeat what has happened here the past few days.
After all it is supposed to be a car forum not a bitching forum !!

Status
Not open for further replies.