Low Power

S3YEP

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
This is my first thread. My 2001 S3 is showing 219 bhp on the dyno, it has a revo stage 1 and a de-cat. The data shows no faults / errors for the low power. It was tested on a two wheel dyno and the ESP light is on. I've been told either will cause the car to limit it's power, is this correct? Looking forward to being part of this group and posting some pics.

This is my first thread. My 2001 S3 is showing 219 bhp on the dyno, it has a revo stage 1 and a de-cat. The data shows no faults / errors for the low power. It was tested on a two wheel dyno and the ESP light is on. I've been told either will cause the car to limit it's power, is this correct? Looking forward to being part of this group and posting some pics.

Revo stage1 and a decat, I'd expect to see 245bhp minimum. We need more details of your car before we can help. Mileage, which/what Dyno did you take it to, and when you say there are no faults/errors, do you mean you have had your car scanned with VCDS?

If the 219bhp is at the wheels, then that would sound about right. Surprised the Dyno operator has not given you any feedback?

Oh, and :sign_welcome: to ASN!

Thanks, I have had feed back, he's just a little stumped to why everything looks fine. To answer your question; They use VCDS and Autologic for logging out. ( No errors as in all the data shown was correct for the bhp output) The dyno is a 2WD dimsport but uses acquisition software. The 219 bhp is at the flywheel. (around 210bhp with the revo turned off) The car is 2001 210bhp 82000 miles (just had new rings, turbo and re-furb head) so alls new there. Can having the ESP light on and 2WD limit the cars power? Cheers. :thumbsup:

The torque was 257 @ 3500 rpm with revo and 199 @ 3100 without. The engine was burning oil. The technician is having trouble reading the revo install so maybe a dodgy copy, was done before i had the car.
ugupumup.jpg

Just to follow on, have had the N294 valve removed, FORGE recirc valve fitted, CAT back on, genuine AUDI software flash, ESP light off (was sensor on the ABS pump) the bhp/torque is spot on 211/198 Am going to spend some time detailing and then maybe go for a RE-MAP Other than REVO has anyone got any suggestions?