AMD - Bad experience - Who else?

TanyaS3

Reaction score
Hey

So a while back I bought EBC discs from AMD and they warped. Bad bad brake judder.

I called them up and they told me to take the car to them which I did (They arent close to where I live). They drove it and looked at it and said the discs are fine but you need two new front arms. So I bought these from them and went home and got them fitted.
This didnt solve my brake judder at all. I called them and they were supposed to return my call and talk to me but never did. I tried a few times and still never got a call back. So as you can imagine Im not impressed with the service I received from them when I had heard they were good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

My car went to Audis for service and they told me the discs were warped!

If I was to now go get my car re-mapped where could I go.
I know there is another company but I cant remeber their name and Im definatly not going back to AMD.

Any suggestions/recomendations please?

Tanya

Sorry to hear that.

Jabbasport

http://www.jabbasport.com/

These are recomended by a few on here and other forums.

Hope you get your brakes sorted, i'd ask for the money back if it turns out the disc's are the problem, cuz they have miss-lead you into you buying something that wasnt needed to rectifiy your original problem.

If AMD aren't close to you, why go to them? What region are you in?

Sorry to hear of your bad experience Tanya, I had a very drawn out job with AmD last year but no need to babble about that again!

I don't think I've ever heard a bad word said about QST (MTM Agent) and I'd say the same about Jabba as well with regards to remap, custom code and some others seem to be getting more popular too.

Good luck getting the car sorted and let us know which remap you get in the end!

[ QUOTE ]
If AMD aren't close to you, why go to them? What region are you in?

[/ QUOTE ]

AMD because I heard they are good and they posted me out the pads and discs anyway. I wouldnt have had to go there if they hadnt gone wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif but they wanted to see the car. Im in Surrey. Was a good hour and half there which I dont feel is that close and my petrol too.

I did try to get my money back or even new discs but they never returned my calls so ended up leaving it. Just wont ever go there again.

MTM I think thats the one I was trying to think of.

QST Tuning in Haywards Heath is certainly closer to you then as well.

That just stinks, AmD need to buck up there ideas, cuz from what these internet forums have been saying of late, they are getting worse! and its a good idea to keep a good reputation, rather than just ripping people off

I travelled from Denmark....the car sat outside for two hours before they even looked at it!!!

I was NOT impressed.

If you're not too bothered about having a custom map on a rolling road mega4 in Hersham are Revo agents.

damn guys (and Gals) that sucks, I just booked my car in for Monday at AMD for some suspensions. This is like the 3rd complaint I've heard about them, hope they don't try and play me around either or else I'll be well ticked off. anyhows good luck with your barkes Tanya, will let you guys know how I get along

i've had my second A3 remapped just before x-mas and have had problems ever since.. I've been back 4 times only to get different excuses and solutions

for example, on ease off of acceleration boost suddenly cuts out causing the car to judder. this was blamed on a nackered engine mount and it was recommended i got it repared straight away so in the end audi recovered the car and looked at it under warranty and guess what.....NOTHING WRONG!!

Sounds like you have a good plan taking your car else where...

Good luck

Dave

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I've ever heard a bad word said about QST (MTM Agent)....

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience of QST - I couldn't fault their work, but found Kim Collins and his receptionist extremely rude. Whilst I was sat there waiting, another customer phoned in to say he was delayed in traffic and would be late. They put the phone down and then proceeded to slag the customer off - 'why can't people be on time', 'this is costing us money etc. etc' I was sat there thinking at least the customer has phoned you up to tell you he is going to be late.

Tanya - if you are in Surrey, I recommend AutoTechnik in Totton, Southampton, for routine work. Still an hour away down the M3, but their labour rate is £45 p/h plus vat, and they often do sub-contract engine and gearbox work for AmD. Give Vanessa a ring on 02380 666200.

Revo is always a good option because of local agents. If I was doing it again (I have had Revo for 2.5 years), I would use a custom mapper, either Jabba or MRC Tuning. MRC are in Banbury, (I know its AMD distance). I dont see MRC mentioned on this site much at all but Minhea has a great rep on s2forum.com and rs246.com - www.mrctuning.com - they perform custom remaps and offer generic chips for a very good price.

PS I think I actually spotted your car on Sunday, I was on my way back from filling up with 99 ron from Tescos

Dunc

Tanya,i know it's a trek but jabbasport are extremely friendly and i have had no issues with there workmanship. I have used AMD and lets just say never again. QST were extremely expensive and i felt thats all they were interested in. I have a local mechanic i trust that does all my minor spanner work and the rest is done at Jabba.

[ QUOTE ]
Tanya,i know it's a trek but jabbasport are extremely friendly and i have had no issues with there workmanship. I have used AMD and lets just say never again. QST were extremely expensive and i felt thats all they were interested in. I have a local mechanic i trust that does all my minor spanner work and the rest is done at Jabba.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree Jabba are extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. I recommend them to anyone who asks, quite a few of my mates use them too and none of them have a bad thing to say about Jabba.

AMD charged me £200 to change one coil pack!!!

(I didn't know what it was at the time and was on my way to Bicester)

The last thread on here that criticised them was closed by the mods as 'it was unfair that AMD couldn't defend themselves'. Rubbish, the forums are here for people to tell others of experiences they have so I hope this thread isn't closed too!!

In my opinion AMD have got too big for their boots. I was not that impressed either after my remap. Even on the rolling road day my car was down on BHP, they didnt even have a MAF in stock to test. Maybe this was just an excuse as they just couldnt be bothered to troubleshoot the problem. Oh yeah and on the 1st run they forgot to turn the fans on.

guaranteed this post will be removed.

[ QUOTE ]
Revo is always a good option because of local agents. If I was doing it again (I have had Revo for 2.5 years), I would use a custom mapper, either Jabba or MRC Tuning. MRC are in Banbury, (I know its AMD distance). I dont see MRC mentioned on this site much at all but Minhea has a great rep on s2forum.com and rs246.com - www.mrctuning.com - they perform custom remaps and offer generic chips for a very good price.

PS I think I actually spotted your car on Sunday, I was on my way back from filling up with 99 ron from Tescos

Dunc

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's car did you spot?

Tanya

I hope this post isnt removed as people are here to help each other and give their opinions and experiences.

I feel it unfair if it's removed.

Alot of people have had problems it seems with this company.
Sorry but this wouldnt be a thread if they treated their customers correctly.
I hope they sort it out as its very dispointing when you spend all that money and it doesnt even work properly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Thanks all for your help, much appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And yes their are ladies on here hahaha!

Tanya

i had bad experience with AMD, took months to get a refund!

Wheelbase in Hersham (Walton-on-Thames) are said to be very good and they do Revo, etc. Labour is something like 65 an hour.

I had an electrical problem sorted there, and know others who go there for servicing, etc. I have read good reviews of them in national newspapers (e.g. Honest John columns, etc) too. Very helpful guys.

I actually use an independent guy in Guildford for my routine servicing (AH & Sons Autos)

I don't think it's fair to have a go at the mods for removing the last thread, it had turned into a pointless argument that wasn't adding anything after the first page or two.

I have probably had the worst experience out of ANYONE with AmD that resulted in a £7,000 bill but I have still been back for servicing - there customer service is not great but the mechanics do know their stuff and the ones I've dealt with have been good guys.

I think people posting their experiences is fine but people need to stay objective, AmD are still better than a lot of Audi dealers I have dealt with and the last full service inc. haldex oil and filter was cheaper than I expected but it did mean sitting around for a rather long time using there wireless internet connection!

Yep and a nice comfortable sofa or two much nicer than waiting at my local Audi garage!

They've got a TV as well so you shouldn't get too bored, I think I was waiting for about 4-5 hours for the last major service they did, but I was much later than I said I would be, although it does get a little annoying when you see your car where you parked it for an hour plus after you get there which could have been my fault for being later than I said - who knows.

Part of this thread has been deleted, it's happening....

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's car did you spot?

Tanya

[/ QUOTE ]

Yours I assume, going past McDonalds in Camberley

Dunc

I am going to jabbasport to get my car serviced and the cambelt done. I have been to QST and shortly afterwards my car failed its MOT as when they repaired a puncture QST put the tyre back on the wrong way round, even though there is a massive rotational arrow! plus they are quite pricey. AMD are also not that good on prices. Jabbasport are really friendly when I have spoken to them so am going to give it a go.

I live 12 miles from AMD. I travel 80 miles to Jabbasport for all my work I am afraid!
AMD recently replaced a miltek for me, under warranty, (fair play) but it banged and rattled on the axle and body all the way home, and the oulets were exiting gas straight into the rear valence!
I did not know what to think,on the one hand, seemingly good service fitting a new one, there and then, (no argument at all), but then on the other hand Helen Keller and Ray Charles could have done a better job!

I refitted it on my drive when I got home! Took 10 mins and was fine.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's car did you spot?

Tanya

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunc

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that would have been me then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's car did you spot?

Tanya

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunc

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you were just driving by McDonalds! Don't want our S3 pin-up getting fat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's car did you spot?

Tanya

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunc

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as you were just driving by McDonalds! Don't want our S3 pin-up getting fat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHA. I was just driving by lol. I hate McDonalds. Nasty food /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

And if you see a Nogaro S3 with an unusual numberplate, it will be me - I'm in Ash Vale.

Perhaps we should have a meet up in Camberley for a drink and a tyre kick?

[ QUOTE ]
And if you see a Nogaro S3 with an unusual numberplate, it will be me - I'm in Ash Vale.

Perhaps we should have a meet up in Camberley for a drink and a tyre kick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good idea to me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Jabbasport all the way, i've had 2 cars done there now, my old Corrado G60 and my new A3, they were faultless both times and Mike trueluck is a legend in his field, i would recomend them 100%. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

My experience of AMD was 100% positive.. very good service, at the time of my remap and dealing with a later query..

To be fair, I dealt with Ed every call and visit, and I understand hes not there anymore - the people do make a difference, in every business.. Is it a case of a single rotten apple there now? thats all it takes in some orgs to give the whole place a bad name, which may not be fair or justified.

I was going to go back to them to get my 330d remapped, but funds are dictating I source a cheaper solution.. likely to be Simon from e-maps..

and just bought my 330 from a chap in Crowthorne!!

Ed is very VERY good, but my bad experience was during Ed's time there, not his fault but that of the management.

People do make a difference but some things even excellent customer service orientated people cant fix if the power above are not switched on

Completely fair comment there elucidate..

Do we know where Ed is now??