AMD - Bad experience - Who else?

Ed runs a place in brackley, about12 miles from AMD. I dont know the name yet but its on the Buckingham Road Industrial Estate.

www.autops.co.uk see how long the link stays up! All the good parts of a former company involved in it, the bad part left all on his lonesome....

[ QUOTE ]
My experience of AMD was 100% positive.. very good service, at the time of my remap and dealing with a later query..

To be fair, I dealt with Ed every call and visit, and I understand hes not there anymore - the people do make a difference, in every business.. Is it a case of a single rotten apple there now? thats all it takes in some orgs to give the whole place a bad name, which may not be fair or justified.

I was going to go back to them to get my 330d remapped, but funds are dictating I source a cheaper solution.. likely to be Simon from e-maps..

and just bought my 330 from a chap in Crowthorne!!

[/ QUOTE ]

How old's that beemer? maybe an alternative /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hookie..

its a 2000 x-reg 330d SE auto..

C'mon, quote me happy!!!

would be delighted to give the business to an audi-sport compadre! give me figures... bhp.. torque.. price..

:)

if you fancy someone different give us a try at

www.greydevilindustries.com

we have recently completed a 450bhp S3 build, which is interesting to drive ...

we have service and diagnostics, no TV yet I am afraid....

but we bend over backwards to help you out with customer service...

Andy

Hey there guys, just got back from AMD, finally got my Koni suspensions fitted. They feel great, the car is sooo much smoother on the motorway and roundabouts will never be the same again. On the question of service, with all honesty it was great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif, very friendly, right prices, I would say good timing. I had my car there at 9 and within 20min it was in, took a while but I was expecting that anyway and overall it was a pleasant experience. Plus it's a nice 45min drive up from London which is much faster than I thought. If you want to see some pics go to my Koni thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Had my remap done by AMD...arrived at 9am (3 hour drive)...sat around till 11. Was then took to Bicester and was back around 3 hours later. Not what i would call good value for money as they state it takes about 4-5 hours for a remap and rolling road. I would guess 1.5 hours tops, which works out about £320/hour. The worse bit was that 3 montsh later had it RR'd at Westec and informed it was running 180BHP (std) Back to AMD where I was told the car was not getting enough fuel...then it was the MAF...no MAF available, so suddenly it wasn't the MAF. Went for some dinner and came back to be told the car was fine and had been RR'd again....229BHP. Have now gave up with all this tuning crap...if it aint bolted on and I can't see it I aint buying it !

Cannot praise Jabba highly enough, All the staff are very friendly, know their stuff and are very approachable. I know their rollers are a little optimistic but who cares. The service is second to none.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And if you see a Nogaro S3 with an unusual numberplate, it will be me - I'm in Ash Vale.

Perhaps we should have a meet up in Camberley for a drink and a tyre kick?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good idea to me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea does sound like a good idea

if your car is standard then go for a superchip its 500 inc a rolling road session at superchips hq in uxbridge cheaper if you have it done by a mobil fitter it comes with a full warrenty from superchips. If you are intrestead in the superchip email me and ill email with a guys number and email who is very good at doing the chip up grade and price, he did my mates 330ci and he is over the moon with it and didnt cost what it should off done. or modded defently jabbersport very helpfull.
hope this helps dave also a s3 driver 225 spec (that email offer is open to any one on the web site)