Will RS3 front calipers fit my S3 8L?

This has been asked before and tbh the common answer for this and other calipers is. Anything can be made to fit.
But at a big cost. Fabrication is expensive.
Lcr and porsche kits are popular because brackets can be bought off the shelf.

Lcr
Porsche boxster s
996 turbo
Fronts only!!!

Lcr
Porsche boxster s
996 turbo

Which would be the biggest?

I posted in order of size.
All have same size pistons.
Pads increase in size
Lcr 323mm disc 28mm wide
Boxsters/996 carrera s 330mm disc 28mm wide (alfa romeo disc drilled to correct pcd)
996 turbo/c4s 334mm 32mm wid3 r32 golf disc

Lcr with right pads and fluid will suit most peoples needs.

Just fyi i know its tempting on ebay looking at these calipers but i gaurentee it will cost more in the long run.
Plus its hassle and unknown. Stick with a kit thats priven and easy!!
Only my pov of course

I might try it.. When I eventually get the car to bill, I will see what I can do..

I posted in order of size.
All have same size pistons.
Pads increase in size
Lcr 323mm disc 28mm wide
Boxsters/996 carrera s 330mm disc 28mm wide (alfa romeo disc drilled to correct pcd)
996 turbo/c4s 334mm 32mm wid3 r32 golf disc

Are you sure about that?

I'm near certain the LCRs are 36mm / 40mm
And the 996 turbo are 36mm / 44mm

Are you sure about that?

I'm near certain the LCRs are 36mm / 40mm
And the 996 turbo are 36mm / 44mm

Well you shouldnt be near certain. I just checked and you are entirely correct lol
My bad!!!

Essentially lcr caliper. Again by the time you get mounts you will be worse off

LCR calipers and Badger5 2-piece 330mm discs with decent brake pads is where I'm at.

5FFF15F9-84D4-4BCC-96A2-BF0C5244CBD6_zpswvlhub1j.jpg

Ultimately there is a reason why people go lcr or porsche route.
its easy cheap and proven. Big brakes are worth every penny!!!

Ultimately there is a reason why people go lcr or porsche route.
its easy cheap and proven. Big brakes are worth every penny!!!

Yeah the 996turbo route isn't exactly cheap tbh.

Discs and pads for starters are more expensive as well as the initial outlay of the callipers with them being mono block as apposed to the LCR's.

Can't wait to get my set up fitted when I finally have some spare funds

Pads are cheaper than lcr for ds3000 i thought?
Also discs can now be got for under 130 a pair
Tbh i wish i got 996 turbo but got impatient waiting

Pads are cheaper than lcr for ds3000 i thought?
Also discs can now be got for under 130 a pair
Tbh i wish i got 996 turbo but got impatient waiting

DS2500/3000 are not the best for the Porsche 996 turbo set up to be honest....Porsche prefer Pagid pads which are around £220 for RS14s.

You can get a pair of discs for £40 a pair for an S3 - doesn't mean you'd buy them dude! lol...

The set up works best with the R32 disc size....so Zimmermann are OEM discs which are at the cheapest I've found about £170 each.

They still aren't fully 2 piece floating though- so budget around £500 for a set of two piece discs....then you have lines, reversing the nippe and fluids to take into account.

40 quid a pair id defo buy them lol
All im saying is i think its worth the extra with brakes in mind.
Pads are similar price it would seem and if your going 2 piece disc then that makes the price fairly similar. If you get a 996t set up on and working for 6-700 with normal discs in my eyes thats a bargain

Theres no point fitting brakes that are too big.

If LCR brembos are enough, then "upgrading" to 996 turbos with massive disks only serves to increase unsprung weight in all the wrong places and in effect will make the car slower, as well as emptying your wallet further, for no actual gain.

Ofcourse if you have 4 million horsepower and track the car a lot such that your melting the LCR brembos, then by all means go larger, but you also need to remember the rear needs upgraded proportionally or you screw up the bias and will actually lose braking performance.

Couldnt agree more!!
My car is a track car and i intend to drive it hard and modify it as i go.
So yeh the 996t would probably be overkill compared to the lcr but would have been more a long term gain as not needing to swap again.
Ive always said good lcr set up is perfect for most.

Theres no point fitting brakes that are too big.

If LCR brembos are enough, then "upgrading" to 996 turbos with massive disks only serves to increase unsprung weight in all the wrong places and in effect will make the car slower, as well as emptying your wallet further, for no actual gain.

The ECS 2 piece set up with 334mm x 32mm 'massive' discs and 996t callipers will actually work out lighter than a R32 OEM set up.

Essentially lcr caliper. Again by the time you get mounts you will be worse off

Mounts i might be able to get made up for free/beer/biscuits at work, the calipers seem to come up quite frequently at much lower prices than LCR calipers; I was just curious as a lot of the LCR kits that come up seem to have pads and discs with very little life and calipers that look like they could do with a damn good refurb. What can I realistically expect to pay for a decent LCR brembo kit?

Trying to work out if these Alfa calipers will fit on 312mm or 323mm VAG discs, but as you've pointed out I guess there are several reasons why people haven't really bothered with them. But if the cost of mounts is the main one and they will fit VAG discs then it could be a goer..

Mounts i might be able to get made up for free/beer/biscuits at work, the calipers seem to come up quite frequently at much lower prices than LCR calipers; I was just curious as a lot of the LCR kits that come up seem to have pads and discs with very little life and calipers that look like they could do with a damn good refurb. What can I realistically expect to pay for a decent LCR brembo kit?

Trying to work out if these Alfa calipers will fit on 312mm or 323mm VAG discs, but as you've pointed out I guess there are several reasons why people haven't really bothered with them. But if the cost of mounts is the main one and they will fit VAG discs then it could be a goer..

What alfa is it?

Ok. So pedal travel will increase.
Well only you can decide what to do mate. Check the pad dimensions make sure they are close.
Some alfa calipers share pad dimensions to lcr brembos. They are just thicker!

Ok. So pedal travel will increase.
Well only you can decide what to do mate. Check the pad dimensions make sure they are close.
Some alfa calipers share pad dimensions to lcr brembos. They are just thicker!

This is why people get LCR setups then! Thanks for your help :)