Mot day..... Mixed emotions!

rustynlc

Reaction score
Hi folks, car had mot today, 2000 18.t ajq, passers with flying colours no advisories, it was being reversed off the ramp it stalled in the rollers (brake test rollers) went to restart.........nothing! Just cranked and cranked and cranked, tried to sputter in to life the odd time but wouldn't catch. At one point I tried to start it, it started briefly sluggishly I tapped the throttle and it died, chucked Delphi code reader on it and it came up with speed sensor and lost coms with ECM, cleared the codes and the only code to come back was the crank sensor code, ordered one up to fit tomorrow, fingers crossed! A car with a fresh mot and not being able to drive is abit pants!

eh? you got your car MOT'd on your wedding day?

My mrs woulda kicked my butt if i did that!! Respeck!!

My cousin had a clio sport 182 which snapped a cam belt during the emissions test.
bad luck

Got into work this morning, car started first turn of the key!?!?? Thinking either flooded or the crank sensor is tripping when it gets hot, left the car ticking over for an hour never cut out, stumped, o well spare sensor in the boot just incase

Reactions: jojo