what is camber and toe setup

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, I'm thinkin of getting the Koni fully adjustable coil-over Suspension kit from AMD, they just got back to me and said that they can supply and fit the kit. BUT they said that I would need 4WD allignment which I expected, but they also suggested camber and toe setup for £305 inc vat. Now I think that's a bit much, would I really need this setup? or would I be good with the 4wd allignment and the Konis on?

If you are looking from the front or the rear of the car, this is what camber looks like:

/-----\ negative camber

\-----/ postive camber

If you are looking directly above the car, this is what toe looks like

|-----| parallel toe
/-----\ toe in
\-----/ toe out

I'd recommended -1.0 to -1.5 camber (negative camber) and parallel toe.

Sounds really expensive to me... I thought AmDs 4 wheel allignment figure as quoted on their website included camber and toe or what's the point. That also sounds like they are asking for 4 hours labour just for the camber and toe!

I'm not 100% but will you not also need the rear adjustable tie bars to actually achieve the correct settings?

ok, ma bad. the £305 incldues the £90 4wd alignment (+ camber and toe setup) and the remaining £215 is for installing the Koni kit, which looking at it like this would be not so expensive right? Thanks for your help guys, just needed some clarification if this setup actually included real adjustable tie bars (which it does not)