anyboby chosen rotors for there a3 8l

makster1978

Reaction score
hi I am looking into getting some rotors for my 99 a3 1.8t and was wondering if anybody else as gone down this route and hopefully any pics appreciated I am currently on r32 reps which look good but a nightmare to keep clean and after a change,cheers guys

There was a guy who had rotors on his s3!
Looked nice i thought, no idea where the pics are though sorry

Hang on does he mean brake rotors or the wheel called rotors?
I guess wheels due to his r32 wheel ref?

Needs to be more specific then, I just assumed he couldn't spell Rota :laugh:

Oh well, any excuse to whore out a few pictures :racer:

Reactions: VAG-Slag and <tuffty/>
Needs to be more specific then, I just assumed he couldn't spell Rota :laugh:

Oh well, any excuse to whore out a few pictures :racer:

Pmsl. Yours look better!! Hahaha

lmao guys yes the ones in dazes pic and yes I am on standard brakes cant see this being a issue ?,nice motor prawn

Hahaha. "Rotors" was the word throwing everyone here.
A 2 piece brake setup uses rotors not discs hence the brake confusion
Prawn thought you mean rota wheels but miss spelled
And im such a massive boss i was right on the money!!!
Did you see the pic ob the link i posted?
I like the rotor wheels on the s3 but not seen them on an a3. Maybe you can be first!!
Failing that post a pic of your car and ask for a photoshop?

They look great on an 8P, And I'm sure I've seen them on an S3 which also looked quite good.

I think the brakes comment was refering to the stock brakes looking a little lost behind such an open wheel

I will tidy up the callipers when I get the wheels and any rust on the back hubs filed down,iv seen a lot of crap copies in this alloy I want them slightly concave I have been told the ttrs version are made this way not sure if there is any truth in this

These?
I think they looks very nice. Was after a set of reps because I couldn't be bothered with adaptors.
I lost interest in the idea though after having the little one and getting a house.

Callum.

I have been wanting a set of these too - I think they look great..... but I'm unsure about them being on the 8L model. Because there all on the newer models and also the new A1's I'm unsure they'll look too 'modern' of the age of the car. Still want some though!!

cant beat a new set of rims to freshen up the look m8,still audi wheels end of the day,they look awesome that pics just made my mind up,think il go for the matt black ones with my a3 being black.time to save some pennys