Electrical problem (Number plate lights)

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Come accross a problem with my number plate lights. One works one doesnt ! I ve swaped the bulb carriers & bulbs but still only one works. Could anyone give me some advice on this ?

Also i tried to remove the boot trim but got no further than removing the two screws in the plastic handle.

Hopefully theres jus a bad connection.

Thanks

Matt

remove those screws in the handle, then pull, HARD. The boot trim is interference fit and will pull right off. At least that might let you have a better look.

thanks jus a hard pull eh, only two screws thats nothiung really.

i jus done it everything was fine no breakages. After i removed it i found out that it was only because the bulb was in the wrong way round ! So it wasnt even needed.

Thanks

Matt

sorry to be a bit thick but how could the buld be the wrong way round? is it an LED?

yeah its an LED bulb. It started to flicker intially & on removal i must of rotated the bulb (not knowing this would effect it) hence why it didnt work. Must say the LED bulbs are pretty smart.

Matt

cool mate,

any chance of some pics.

I have been toying with the idea of changing all the bulbs in the rear cluster for LED's especially the indicators. I like the instant on and off look on the new pasat, BM's etc

i seem to be having problems with the number plate LED's they ve both developed a flicker unless someone can recommend one that can will last i dont think LED lights are a good idea more trouble than their worth.

With my rear cluster i just changed the orange bulbs for chrome ones (ebay).

Matt

apparently the Piaa LED lights work fine as sielights as MO S3 will confirm. I m currently running a set. Its jus seems to be the festoon LED's that cause a problem. I will however try with some others.

Matt