Audis AMK s3 poor rear suspension SAFETY design, do you have the same issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldcar

Reaction score
[ NewboltBuffertankA
Rear suspesionStockbolt Hi folks I am new here, When I bought my first audi s3,the rear control arm which hold by a M12X10cm bolt to the strut with out using another lock nuts(it was too short anyway, I had to buy M12X12cm so I can put a lock nuts on to secure). What happened was, I tried to change the rear spring and I removed the bolt with out releasing excess tension from shocks, as a result I threaded the thread-only slight( my fault but...... But I did not know. I kept driving next day, on the same night the bolt came off, lucky the weight of the car holds the rear spring the rear shocks is actually came off only the top part being hold until I stopped the car and saw it.. In mid night I walked home and get my other car and get a jack ready to fix my car.-simply put a longer bolt in with a lock nut.

In my opinion coming from Hondas. I think this is a FAULTY design of Audi. They should have had a longer bolt with a secured nuts just like others. What do you think?

Attachments

• buffertankB.jpg
    buffertankB.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 231
yeah that will be it, audi sell a car for £25k and save money but not putting 2x lock nuts on a pair of bolts in order to save masses of money and compromise the safety of the drivers

and that bolt doesnt actually bear any weight off the car, its there to tie the arb link and shock, the shock doesnt hold the weight of the car

They don't need a Nylock nut. If a bolt is torqued to the correct spec then it won't come undone.

Simple fact is, if you didn't knacker the thread then it wouldn't have failed.

I think..... you have done something awesome by selling your Honda :applaus:

Reactions: Lavis89
I think..... you have done something awesome by selling your Honda :applaus:
you are right, i noticed Audi has a much stronge rbody and ride quality. Some how the rear bolt, if not done properly-like me, yes it would fail. At least now the car is secured, that the bolt does not slip out like before. I was lucky. One thing I also noticed Honda had a better/stronger sump nut/thread, Audi is full of Aluminium where as Hoda they mad a steel thread, so it does not overstripped liek most VW /Audi owners-again, correct torque to tigthen the nut is important.

sorry thats rubbish, you damaged the thread and now complain its a safety feature, I've owned many of these haldex cars (4motions/R32/S3's) and none have failed, i have broken even more and yet again no sign of anything failing, i think you are just a little anxious about this supposed factory failing because you didn't know how to do the job properly in the first place. Really isn't an Audi fault.

i think he should write to audi/volkswagen and demand a safety recall for all haldex cars

Dear Mr Audi

Please put longer bolts and nyloc nuts on the bottom of the shocks because its not as good as my old honda.

Thanks

you are right, i noticed Audi has a much stronge rbody and ride quality. Some how the rear bolt, if not done properly-like me, yes it would fail. At least now the car is secured, that the bolt does not slip out like before. I was lucky. One thing I also noticed Honda had a better/stronger sump nut/thread, Audi is full of Aluminium where as Hoda they mad a steel thread, so it does not overstripped liek most VW /Audi owners-again, correct torque to tigthen the nut is important.

go back to honda's seeing you luv them so much

vtec - Yo!

haaa funny ****...no I said Mr.AUDi please spent an extra 20 cents for a longer bolt so people liek me wont complain. haaaaaaa

Any way, I just found this strange? How come all Mercedes and BMWs had an extra nut. Must be a reason...I think the new S3 had nut too? correct me if I am wrong.

i dont really think audi wants people like you. 6 posts and you have made a great 1st impression

go back to honda's seeing you luv them so much

vtec - Yo!
When I bought this s3, the sump nut was striiped by the previous owner, he had use a slight bigger M14, when I did an oil change, it was hard not to stop a slight leak. I ended up putting a heli coil in myself and put an after market bolt with an O ring around it. These small things Audi should have done a better job, since we paying for a big $; where as for Mercedes E280, they had a steel thread and that shows Mercedez is a better design-in some ways.

what a tit, so a previous owner stripped a thread (sounds as if he is as good with spanners as you are...) and thats Audis fault too.

You sir are a tool

the more i think about this i believe you have deliberately come on here to spam the forum with crap

what a tit, so a previous owner stripped a thread (sounds as if he is as good with spanners as you are...) and thats Audis fault too.

You sir are a tool

the more i think about this i believe you have deliberately come on here to spam the forum with crap

PLEASE JAson, no spam here, it was just a shocking experience, that I NEVER NEVER had a car with sump thread made out of aluminium as I am awared now all japanese cars had steel thread so as Mercedez. I own few this is what I have experienced, nothing to spam about. The car now does not leak, but I know now, with VW and AUDI its slight different.

what is shocking is there have been two points to moan about with your car, both have been caused by incompetent people who quite possibly should not be allowed to service their own cars. Nothing to do with the manufacturer just monkeys with tools

Status
Not open for further replies.