any one tried this fis-control unit

epox

Reaction score
hi,
has any one tried this? FIS-Control

i have pre ordered one as i like the oe look rather than the liquid gauge vent type.

i realy should spend the money on a wheel refurb!!!!!!! though

any feed back welcome.

mark

does look good, my S3 came with a liquid gauge so i won't bother myself, i can only think of if/when the fis display has dead pixels its going to be an issue

I think its designed around the older K-Line comms rather than the CAN of the Mk5 chassis stuff

Mines on order now ;P

<tuffty/>

Cheeky I know...

But anybody looking to change to a FIS from a liquid, I'll buy the liquid gauge.

Mainly because I like the unit in the vent.

waiting on mine too, wee delay in getting main boards i think?
may tuffty could do a step by step programming guide to help me a long¡!!!!!!!!

OMG you can play snake!!! :jump: , looks awesome actually but I'll prob still go for the Liquid so I can use them on both cars.

I had a liquid gauge, sold it to buy the FIS which imo is much better. I'll take some snaps when I get home for those interested.

hi, how did you find the install of the fis,
I think it looks the part. looks like I will be selling boost gauge and vent pod mount after its fitted though.

mark

Very easy, you can get the cluster out without removing the steering wheel but you wil need to remove the lower drivers trim to hide the control box, plug in the loom which looks very oem as per the instructions, connect to the control box and reinstall.

I did not have vag-com so I had to get my mechanic to activate it by changing a few codes so if you have vag com you could be done in an hour or two.

Also you wont be able to use both, as I was going to keep the gauge but as they both use the K line to gain info the liquid had to go.

I'd laugh if you had to control the snake by turning the steering wheel - sorry officer, but I had to swerve to avoid my tail

Maybe the gearstick too :racer:

Deffo interested to see some pics of this.....especially playing snake.