Audi A3, 1.6 8L; Shot to bits!

Ello-Poppet

Shot to bits.
Reaction score
Hello!

Well, I thought I would make a thread seeing as I am going to be doing some peculiar things with it. Also some not so good things in the eyes of many lol. I know little-to-no knowledge of cars, but have a right laugh and I think you will too (you will also think I'm a right useless pratt).

A previous owner from what I can see, has put a totally different headlining in and it doesn't match any section at all. It has also had the pleasure of having a glorious car plan rattle can spray job with hammerite touch up. I don't have photos of when I first brought it, but took some after I hosed it before taking it to Audi.

So here goes;

Can anyone tell me which alloys these are please?

Off to Audi we go.

blimey i thought the bodywork on the S3 i bought yesterday was well used, enjoy the project

I think the body work on this will be one of the worst self-made, you'll see lol.

Well I am going to turn it into a camper-car lol. I've brought a stove, kettle, fridge. I am in the market for dvd playere for headrests and behind seat dinner tables. I am going to build a worktop, storage and put a roof box on top. I am also having it rubbed down and resprayed, full service, new exhaust, new alloys, lowering it and if the camper van idea fails I will try somthing else that comes to mind lol.

Reactions: Vex182
quality, i cannot wait to see this unfold, has this ever been done before - i doubt it...

Great! A brothel on wheels! Love it!

Reactions: Ello-Poppet
Haha! I hope it hasn't. Oh Sam, are you a secret spy? You have exposed me!

I have pictures I shall upload tonight, hopefully. I got my car back from Audi (very disappointed with some issues lol). I went to the scrap yard for a new window and interior bits. So will put pictures up.

If there isn't a window fitting guide, would anyone be interested in me making one? It's very straight forward - Two pieces of trim, 4 10mm bolts and in it goes.

Well I am going to turn it into a camper-car lol. I've brought a stove, kettle, fridge. I am in the market for dvd playere for headrests and behind seat dinner tables. I am going to build a worktop, storage and put a roof box on top.

I'm not intentionally ****ting on your parade but how an earth are you gonna fit all that in a 2 door a3 lol?

If you have the audacity to pull this off, then you are the Ed China of ASN!

campervan pop up roof and if you open the tailgate you could extend the boot floor out - plenty o' room then...

Reactions: Ello-Poppet
You won't **** on this parade bud, lol. I am as tall as Ed China if that helps? Lol. I will fit it all in. Everything is camping size as I am a keen backpacker and camper. I will tent out but use the car for cooking and entertainment. I went up the Lake District last year and having this would have been ideal. For saving money and all the other jazz. Plus I also like to skimboard so spend a lot of time at the beach.

If at first you don't succeed, smash it all with a hammer and make it fit.

If at first you don't succeed, smash it all with a hammer and make it fit.

That one rings a bell lol I'm looking forward to the finished article dude

I'm assuming your building this brothel type car camper for next summer? Is it available for hire? Lol

Oh noticed you didn't mention any speakers in you spec list! You can't have a car camper without silly loud speakers!

That one rings a bell lol I'm looking forward to the finished article dude

I'm assuming your building this brothel type car camper for next summer? Is it available for hire? Lol

Oh noticed you didn't mention any speakers in you spec list! You can't have a car camper without silly loud speakers!

Of course! I believe in giving things back the world. You may borrow the finished product whenever you wish. Monday to Friday the car won't be in use.

Yes indeed! I love my music - But as stated I don't know diddly squat about cars. I'm just making this up as I go and I'm going to give it a good go! If you can give any tips of speakers and fitting etc I would apprrciate it very much. As a token of gratitude, I will provide one weeks use of the vehicle, including all fuel costs ;)

So I fitted a window, ashtray and started to remove some rear interior.

And then I started to make up the bench and storage, but the rain put a stopper to that. I should have it completed soon!