head gasket blown :(

JoeeS3

Reaction score
So it appears that my head gasket has blown, my car over heated the other day (s3 8l) then I started loosing coolant, mayo under the oil cap, and misfire in cylinder one, I'm going to get it sniff tested and pressure tested.

If it is my head gasket is there anything I can upgrade whilst the head is off, I already have forged rods, looking to get about 350bhp out of it in the future to.

Any suggestions would be great,

Thanks
Joe

Have the head polished and ported, uprated valves and springs, performance cams, performance cam pulley?

103k I was thinking of getting the head polished and ported and valve stem seals done ?

I've not had a k04 hybrid before unfortunately
Everytime time I get the money to buy one I run into another problem

well it looks like im going ahead with getting the head ported and polished and will change the valve stem seals at the same time.
does anyone know where i can get some decent valve stem seals or is the stealers the best place?

will definitely be doing that, does anyone know an approximate on the cost for getting the head gasket replaced and skimmed?

i think i had a problem with my cooling system bill, but if i open my oil cap and shake it water just flicks off and you can see water in the whole itself!!

could a problem with my oil cooler have caused this at all?

Bad luck Joe, that sucks. Mine was off the road for two months during the rebuild but it gave me the chance to sort out lots of small issues i had been meaning to get round to sorting but just couldn't find the time. With the s3 in particular i think its definitely worth future proofing for bigger power as it will only be a matter of time until you want more.

Reactions: Clart