Temperature gauge, radiator and stalling issue!

Tsonga

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have been having a few issues with my 2000 Audi A3 1.6SE and every Google search I do turns up you all as the experts!

Currently my poor car has these issues :(

1. My temperature gauge isn't working. Or at least I think it isn't, it doesn't move off the 60 despite how long I drive it so I can only assume that it is ********. I don't know for how long this hasn't been working, but a number of years ago (about 3) I did replace the Green temperature sensor for the coolant. I am not sure if that has something to do with it?
  2. She stalls :(, typically only when cold. If I drive up to a junction and push in the clutch the engine revs take a drastic dive and the car stalls. My research has suggested that this might simply be the air filter, but I would love to hear from someone with a similar experience.
  3. The temperature light came on the other day, after consulting the manual I found out this is to do with the engine coolant. I was alarmed to see that my coolant level was way under the MIN mark in my car. As this is a sealed system there is no reason for this level to go down drastically unless *gulp* there is a leak. Does anybody have any good tips for how to find leaks with these? One thing I am going to go is check the temp sensor and make sure the seal has not gone.
  4. Dim dashboard. I think I have a loose connection somewhere which dims my dashboard. I don't know if this is a common issue but I would like it to light up properly again.
I would be really grateful if anyone could help me with 1 or more of these issues!

Thanks

I am also looking into getting my hands on a VAG COM to see if I can run some scans.