Soooo close yet so far. Not quite happy after my overhaul

goodbuzzman1

Reaction score
I have just got my BAM s3 back on the road after a hefty overhaul and i still have a niggle. Its driving me mental and i just want my car to run 100%. I feel as if it about 80% at the the minute.

these are my symptoms.

when starting from cold the car does not like to boost properly at all. It would rather make lots of spooling/choking noise which doesn't convert to power. It likes to dump air from the dv also. All noise and no go.

however, when the engine is up to temperature it runs absolutely beautifully. it boosts nice and hard throughout the entire rev range

Parts i have fitted

brand new genuine turbo
all breather/vac lines replaced with silicone
creative motorsports tip
brand new spark plugs
brand new fuel filter
fresh oil
brand new green temp sensor
brand new stat
s2000 air filter
second hand EGT

i have not replaced the n75 valve…..should i? i have blown in to it and it isn't leaking though the long pipe. i have unplugged it also, and ran the car and the car ran slow but flawlessly

i have scanned for fault codes and the only one i keep getting is

17863 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 1 (G235)
P1455 - 35-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

I have replaced the EGT with a second hand unit off bay so this may be faulty

i bought a new turbo i was wondering if the actuator need to be adjusted as i did not adjust it.

I have vag-com and would like to do some logging but need to know……do i log from cold, when the problem occurs? do i log through a certain rev range? and which blocks would be best to log.

and realistically could the n75 and/or the EGT be the source of all my problems.

Sorry to keep annoying everyone!!

Mate sounds like you've got a vac pipe in the wrong place somewhere or a split one etc. It'll be running a weak mixture of cold start etc down to excess air in the system.

Mate sounds like you've got a vac pipe in the wrong place somewhere or a split one etc. It'll be running a weak mixture cold start etc down to excess air in the system.

Tonight i I unplugged my MAF and it doesn't seem to have any problems from cold start or much hesitation
at all now. I'll keep it unplugged for a day or two and see how it goes

Tonight i I unplugged my MAF and it doesn't seem to have any problems from cold start or much hesitation
at all now. I'll keep it unplugged for a day or two and see how it goes

With the maf unplugged it runs a generic map, you issue could be the maf sensor

Cars with EGT faults run horridly.

I'd be looking to sort that out before trying to hunt for any other issues.

I actually suffer from the same issue when it's on cold start, it's only for the 1st 30 seconds to a minute though. I have no EGT sensor problems so I reckon it's MAF related on mine.

Cars with EGT faults run horridly.

I'd be looking to sort that out before trying to hunt for any other issues.

Is this the lambda sensor?