Newbie with various problems!

Brett_j

Reaction score
Hi all!
Ive just bought an A3 sport on ebay for a song at £430 obviously with various problems which im attempting to tackle. My main concern is the speedo isnt working which i know is a known fault, i've bought a speed sensor on ebay although from doing research its the wrong one (Even though on ebay it shows the model is correct) http://www.ebay.co.u...ngine/ gearbox.

Ive hooked it up to a vagcom and have these codes flashing up:

00562: Sensor for oil level/temperature G266 open or short to B+
01423: Lateral Acceleration sensor (g200)
16486: MAF G70 Signal too low
16514: Oxygen (Lambda) sensor B1 S1 malfunction in circuit
16804: Catalyst system Bank 1 Efficiency below threshold
16885:Vehicle Speed Sensor G22 Implausable signal
17545: Fuel trim Bank 1 (add) System too rich
17705: Pressure drop between turbo and throttle valve (Check DV)

The car runs fine at the moment although the idle is a little lumpy and does feel a little underpowered, and the fuel gauge is up and down which i understand can be down to the speedo and the temperature gauge isnt reading correctly.
I know these codes and solutions have probably been posted many times and i am slowly working my way through to see if i can find out myself but any help would be greatly appreciated as its a car i would love to have running properly so i can enjoy it fully!
Thanks,
Brett

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

Have you cleared the codes and ran the car again? See which are historic and which are current?

Thanks for the welcome Sandra :)
Since these codes the battery has been disconnected whilst checking around the engine bay, and haven't checked since. Although I found earlier fuse 7 had blown and have recovered my speedo

First I would check for obvious boost leaks the most prone place I found on the ko3 pipe work was the join on the intercooler at the bottom they are fairly prone to leak and also check the diverter valve to see if that is leaking. If you find a large leak and fix it that should cure most of your issues
Also check the vacuum pipes too as the pcv pipework and the n249 piping are also prone for leaks

Thanks for your help joshstan, where abouts are the diverted valve and n249 situated? I've had a look about the engine bay but being new to a turbo engine I'm unsure of some of the components!

The n249 is the gibbons on the right hand side of the rocker cover and gives the ecu control of the diverter valve and the pcv system is below the inlet manifold buddy

That's great thanks very much, something to have a look for after work during the week haha!