Beloved S3 For Sale-Advise Please

amlaS3

Reaction score
havent posted for a while so here goes.

I was wondering what the value of my car is. I have been around to a few steelers and they have not offered anything concrete. Got told by one "depends what you will P/X it for...blahdy blah blah"

I have a S3:

1. Registered 06/08/2003
2. R/H/D UK Spec IMPORT
3. Brilliant Black (the non metallic one)
4. Chrome Mirrors
5. CD Concert Head Unit
6. Full Standard Spec Nappa Leathers
7. Full Audi Service History.
8 ONLY Just hit 14100miles YES only 14100!

I bought it as my weekend car and for the last 2 years have been working abroad and loads of weekends. Most of the milage has been on the M40 (Mrs is from Birmingham) so trips to see the out-laws has raked up most of the milage. Car is totally original through out.

how much is this worth?

Please let me know if I have missed anything.

Any advice appreciated.

Amla

To the thiefing gypsy trade about £15000 - £15,500 im affraid

At a rough guess probs around the 15-16k mark, might have a few probs with price with it being a import though...

Audi dealer trade in will offer 15-16k. They will try and knock you down for being an import, but dont let them unless your desperate. It will also depend what you're trading it in for, as you've been told - only because this determines how much flexibility (read: your discount) you can negotiate.

it will be up within the week for 21-22k guarantee'd.

Cheers for the heads up guys.

I need around 19k but i spose i will put it up around the 18k mark and see what happens.

Does ASNet have a sales forum, I could not see one?

A

unfortunately, I think it'll be very difficult to sell privately for 18K. Over the past year, people posting on AS.net have had problems selling 2001/2 facelifts for 14k!! - but they have sold eventually (months, not weeks).

In the end people chose dealers because they offer finance and warranties - but more importantly, they offer comeback if it all goes pear shaped.

The one thing it really has going for it is the milage. I've been looking out for a low mileage Noggy for sometime now. There's one on Autotrader with a few miles less going for £17995 - been there for months, but there's no way I'd pay that much for a no-option car.

In all honesty, if selling privately, you'd be looking to get 16.5 - 17k for yours.

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers for the heads up guys.

I need around 19k but i spose i will put it up around the 18k mark and see what happens.

Does ASNet have a sales forum, I could not see one?

A

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes its called the Trading post - however you need to get your post count up to 40 otherwise it won't be displayed.

cheers

that post 23 then

Thanks for all the info, and if anyone is interested please PM me

A