A3 rear seat removal

RichA3Turbo

Reaction score
Anyone know how to remove the rear seats? the bases are obviously a piece of p*ss, but not too sure how to remove the seat backs.

Rich

Look at the seat pivots towards the side of the car. Ther is a little metal clasp that rotates over the top. LEver the rotating clasp back and then you can lift up the outer pivot which will then allow you to remove it from the inner part.

I think that makes sense!

Just make sure to mask up the plastic on either side where the seat belts hang as they scratch very easily. You'll need a bit of patiance and plenty of jiggling to free them from the inner bracket, they do go back in a lot easier tho.

Well, my a3 is no rear interiorless! Its so much quicker now its been on a diet!! lol. Loads of fun once again.

Rich

They weigh a ton! ditched spare wheel too, boot side panels, OE sub, my main sub, rear side cards .etc

RIch

You might want to beef up your rear ARB if you've taken all that weight out of the back! Shifting the weight distribution forward will induce a bit more understeer.

How long till the rest comes out....

Just weighted everything i took out, and comes to 79kg... Wuote a bit really! Equivalent to a full grown woman.

Hopefully!

I only took everythig out as i have just sound deadened the rear of the car... But thought i may as well leave it out til after sunday.

Rich