Sat nav help please!

Greg-S3

Reaction score
So I've been tinkering and sorting a few jobs out on the S3. Now I have a question that I hope somebody can help with.
Every time I start my car and the nav fires up I get a beep and a message saying "RDS TMC is not connected. Unit could be faulty or not connected" any ideas what to do or what to look at?

The junction box amplifies the signals. Shouldn't have any link with TMC error but could be reason for no radio.

Have you access to vcds

The junction box amplifies the signals. Shouldn't have any link with TMC error but could be reason for no radio.

Have you access to vcds

No mate no access sadly! I think I'll try the junction box to be fair, I've got no radio signal at all!

If I was you and it's causing problems. Just scrap that. Run antennae direct to head unit. And code TMC out. They don't offer any massive benefit and are expensive to fix.
Where are you located?

If I was you and it's causing problems. Just scrap that. Run antennae direct to head unit. And code TMC out. They don't offer any massive benefit and are expensive to fix.
Where are you located?

I'm Northampton mate. Thing is I'd like to keep it all and keep the (old but ok) sat nav working! Is the TMC just traffic updates?

TMC is traffic updates and controls info going to the instrument cluster.
Will work without TMC. But no updates and cluster info

ururuzyv.jpg

This is my spare TMC just to give you a hint as to what your looking for

Where is this box located ? Was Greg right in. Saying it's next to the steering wheel ?

Where is this box located ? Was Greg right in. Saying it's next to the steering wheel ?

Yes mate that is where it's located and that is the box! Just had a result, got my sat nav working again. Decided to whip the unit out give the lens a clean and now it's like a dream!

Cool I'll give that ago tomorrow :) love little results like that I though I had a major boost leak problem but turns out the previous owner neglected to tighten up all the jubilee clips 😅