Haldex problems? Traction control light on / wheel spin and under steer

S3am

Reaction score
My traction control light is on, I assumed it was due to the tracking being out but ive had the allignment done and it's still on
Also I'm getting wheel spin and a fair bit of under steer round the bends so I'm wondering if the haldex is even working or if I'm only in fwd? Is this a common problem and how much is the potential cost of the fix.

Best place to start would be to scan for faults with vcds or similar to see what it throws up, otherwise you'll just be stabbing in the dark as it could be a number of things.

I would check that the earth strap under the haldex (if it's got one) it's all ok and then check the fuse for it is ok (again if you have one) and then check the plug on the haldex. Right at the back under a small metal plate. Other than that it can be something a little more difficult. To test my 4wd I found a entrance to a field and leaned out the drivers door to see if I could wheel spin the rear wheels, you don't need much room to see if they give a little spin.

Thanks for the replays I'll. have a look next time I can get it on a ramp and see if that solved it