Throttle problem, please help

matt blowen

Reaction score
Right guys if searched all over but i cant find a definate solution, when driving steady in 1st & 2nd gear say if i lift off the gas pedal the car bucks and and also when i slightly press the throttle it bucks real pain when driving in stop/start traffic. Its asif it happens when the throttle plate closes any ideas thanks,

Try a new MAF first, then if its still happening, remove TB, split and clean up the tracks on the circuit board that the 5 contacts run over - they get a build up of carbon on them and this gives faulty resistance readings to the ecu.

Ive got stuck in and found 2 small tracks, i have gave them a clean with cotton bud and wynns cleaner, i will report back in the motning with the results

Mine does the same. Put a new engine mount on and no different. Possibly worn gearbox, bottom arms, drive shafts. Actually have you replaced or poly bushed the dog bone mount? That would cause similar issues and are known to wear out.

Ive put on a yellow powerflex on the dogbone mount to try and sort this but i dont think it has helped, i might try and tighten the long bolt that compresses the bush? Ill take a look at the bottom arms in the morning

I dont know of its connected but when i rev the car, as the revs fall just past 2k you can feel the car misfire or bump a little and the exhaust note changes?

Ive treid running without the maf and it runs lumpy and then dies? I was told this is normal on an agu engine code