Bought a meguiar's kit from Halfords, what do you guys think?

s3kirk

Reaction score
By no means am I a expert at washing cars, but i do like to keep my car clean, bought a meguiar's detailing kit from halfords. consisted of car shampoo, compound polish, quick detailer, wax (gold stuff I think?) clay bar, two applicator pads and two micro fiber cloths. spent all day on it what do you guys think? i do have a halfords rotary DA but I didnt bother getting it out.
picture quality is terrible sorry it was with an iphone.

any tips, or advice will be appreciated, is there anything else i should be doing? ie after the wax or is that fine?

Reactions: warren_S5, Nilz, Tanuki23 and 3 others
Looks Great, Wheels really set it off.

I have some brand new 15mm Hubcentrics for sale, bought them for my S4 but my calculations were wrong..... LOL. Never driven on, and as new in all packaging.

Half the advertised price + Post and Packing.

Check if they fit yours first - These are complete with extended Radius Wheel bolts.

Drop me a pm if your interested.

Looks like you did a good job., really shiny and clean.
Is it the first time you have used clay before?
When I first did I was well impressed with the smooth like glass panels after clay barring.

Imola is one of the best colours. Below is my S3 8P after a detail.

audi_s3_8p_sideshot.jpg

Looks like you did a good job., really shiny and clean.
Is it the first time you have used clay before?
When I first did I was well impressed with the smooth like glass panels after clay barring.

Imola is one of the best colours. Below is my S3 8P after a detail.

audi_s3_8p_sideshot.jpg

nice S3! looks good. yeah first time I used clay, not going to lie, did feel a bit bonkers to start rubbing a lump of soft clay on my paintwork but yes the end results were superb.

Looks good and with a couple of coats of wax, you should find it easier to wash next time.

Looks great! Defiantly coat it with some wax, that will protect the paint, give a deeper/glossier appearance and make it a lot easier to wash next time

Looks good! Another couple of wax coats followed by a good sealer will keep it clean & easy to wash.

The water will just bead together & fall off

:)

Looks good! Another couple of wax coats followed by a good sealer will keep it clean & easy to wash.

The water will just bead together & fall off

:)

Yeah I would personally use a sealant as apposed to a wax, but make the best use of what you have available

Don't need both wax and a sealant, just one or the other.

Looks lovely mate, colour really comes out after that, well done!!

also can anyone recommend any good headlight restoration kits?
passenger side's a bit cloudy