You've just gotta love the S3

jesters3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning,

Just thought I'd say that, why?

Well the features of the car are outstanding and utterly awesome, not that we don't about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The interior is well decked out in the Nappa leather and the quality of finish of the build quality is sublime, coupled with the well positioning and feel of the relevant buttons and switches, wonderful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

The exterior is so understated and agressive it looks mundane in some instances and then ferocious in others, the seductive and subtle spoiler finish off the coachwork, just to blend it all in the aerial is well postioned and tilted at the right amount of angle.

But more importantly, the best feature has to be the 'remote windows'. Came home last night, got out forgot to shut the windows ******. No hold on, hold down the button on the fob and 'sshhhh' the windows close. Brilliant /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Vorsprung dursch Technik, you've just got to love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Have a good friday all

Morning.

Well said matey. I feel like that sometimes. The car has everything really, I feel very lucky to have one.

You know when the car looks best? When parked up at a petrol pump, and you look back at it from inside the shop. "Wow, is that really mine?". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AL

ah the petrol station one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif i know that... and mine is ONLY an A3!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:
Morning.

Well said matey. I feel like that sometimes. The car has everything really, I feel very lucky to have one.

You know when the car looks best? When parked up at a petrol pump, and you look back at it from inside the shop. "Wow, is that really mine?". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

or the one where you get comments from other drivers at the petrol station

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif the s3

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
ah the petrol station one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif i know that... and mine is ONLY an A3!

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

Rich, I used to love my A3 too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AL

[ QUOTE ]
But more importantly, the best feature has to be the 'remote windows'. Came home last night, got out forgot to shut the windows ******. No hold on, hold down the button on the fob and 'sshhhh' the windows close. Brilliant

[/ QUOTE ]

They're wonderful until the day you come out of the house & find that your windows are open because you've inadvetently operated the key while it's been in your pocket.
The first time I did it it took a week for the seats & carpets to dry out cos it had been p*ssing down all night!
I didn't do it again - got the dealer to disable it, along with the remote tailgate release - yet another pointless "feature".

Yup I've done the petrol station one several times - especialy at night when you've cleaned your car and pull up at the pump! You look back and the lights pick out every detail! I've had so many compliments at petrol station from what alloys I am, right down to what wax I use! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ahhh......the wonders of Meguiars!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

The S3 is such a great car to admire from inside and outside. The petrol station viewpoints are spot on!

Looking at the new shape A3 at the moment i do not have that same feeling, maybe that could be influenced by the speculative RS3......

I'm sure I tolerate the odd niggle and dealer problem cos 99.9% of the time the car is a joy to own and drive. At the moment i am struggling to come up with my next car choice and may even keep the S3 a bit longer.

Roll on 5 o'clock for the drive home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yep i get the petrol station type thoughts all the time...... never ever imagined that oneday i would own a S3.... its one smashing motorcar...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

where do you get all this stuff Riz?

Which do you find useful engine to run? Does the A/c still work even though it's being used as a programmable sensor?

[ QUOTE ]
where do you get all this stuff Riz?

[/ QUOTE ] It was posted along time ago on the old as.net and i kept a copy of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I dont really use it much to be honest as most of it is to do with the A/C unit, but its useful if you going oversea`s and need to know your speed in kpm, also i think that the digital readout for the kpm is slightly more accurate than the speedo.

love mine even more now with the chip /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

happy chappy

Have to say, it's a beautiful car from the outside, but sometimes it makes me feel old on the inside!

Too much leather and plushness - I almost feel like buying a pair of driving gloves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
audi girl said:
Cool, which chip did you get ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apr chip with three programs std chipped and optimax, optimax is my fav /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

anybody now already? or is this an option? the windows work great, but my corrado vr6, witch i had for 6t years ago had this also?

edwin,

Just press (and hold down) the middle button on your key fob, and the tailgate should just pop up slightly. Its pretty useless to be honest.

AL

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:

Its COMPLETELY useless, given that it takes 2s to work and the force is more than to squeeze the one on the boot, which you would have to be at anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must dissagree..
I find the feature most agreeable.

You come back to the car with stuff to put in the boot...the car alarm is on.
You press one button to unlock the car, then open the boot, and begin sorting out your stuff...meanwhile the 30 seconds timer times out and, having not opened either the drivers or the passenger door, it re-locks the car and re-arms the alarm.
You are still in the boot shuffling stuff about...the alarm goes off (quite a sad pathetic sound to be honest!)...you end up looking a real bell end!
You then have to unlock the car to mute the alarm...open the drivers door to avoid a repeat of the above fiasco, sort out your boot full of stuff, close the tailgate, lock & alarm the car and walk away...somewhat embarassed.

Instead:
You walk back pressing the middle button which dissarms the alarm and pops the tailgate.
You sort out your stuff in your own time.
You slam the tailgate shut and walk away...the car re-locks the tailgate and arms the alarm.
Simple.

Good old Audi.

Pah! There is barely enough room in the boot of an S3 to fiddle about for 30s. Seriously, though, that is a big design flaw courtesy of Audi, as it allows the foolhardy to put their bags and more importanly keys into the boot, close it and then have the car lock them out as they walk to the drivers door....

Good old Audi!

He he he have to agree there !!!

How clever of Audi to have created a boot small enough not to worry about fiddling around! And one that gets so hot on one side that you can cook your dinner on the way home from the supermarket /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I live in fear of closing the boot lid with the key accidently inside and hearing that beeb - which would mean that i was in the ****!

Not the best Audi feature IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
Instead:
You walk back pressing the middle button which dissarms the alarm and pops the tailgate.
You slam the tailgate shut and walk away...the car re-locks the tailgate and arms the alarm.
Simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except.....

What actually happens is.

1) Walk to car with 21inch monitor and keys in hand.
2) Open boot.
3) Pop monitor in boot.
4) Close boot.
5) Gaze at the keys still on the monitor in the boot.

Oh feck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had to get my wife to come along with her keys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mark R said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
Instead:
Simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except.....

What actually happens is.

1) Walk to car with 21inch monitor and keys in hand.
2) Open boot.
3) Pop monitor in boot.
4) Close boot.
5) Gaze at the keys still on the monitor in the boot.

Oh feck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had to get my wife to come along with her keys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad i dont have that problem! Its sometime better when u have no choice in the matter!

Rich

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif Ah this brings back memories of where i used to work.
The main owner of a solicitors company had brought his pc in to be repaired and after having repaired it one of the techies was told to go and put it back in his boot of his BMW 540. So this plank opens the boot using the boot release only function, puts the pc in the boot and slams it shut. Comes back in and says 'oh feck im dead' !! The plank had only just locked the boot with the keys in the boot too. Whilst he was in tears from possibly being sacked, the rest of us were rolling around on the floor in fits of laughter.
Cut a long story short i called out roadside assistance and they manged to pop the boot by shorting out some wires.
Needless to say the boss was NOT a happy chap!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Yup, the S3's way cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

With the chip, fast as M3, 911 (midrange anyway).

Understated but classy as (petrol station seems to get the most admirers - and usually from people who know cars and like no-one else matters anyway!)

Quality/ambience/owner pleasure ++ (well the black ones anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue_out.gif )

Can't think what I coule possibly change it for that would serve me better in so many areas - OK some do much better in selected areas - but overall? - NONE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cheers