Daft intercooler question

mini-si

Reaction score
Hi guys,

so last night I removed bumper, headlights, horns and standard intercoolers. All ready for my new welly type front mount. After coming back from the gym all ready to tackle the task it starts chucking it down. Now I'm no tart. Lol. And don't mind working in the rain.( just moved house and new place doesn't have a garage, oh how you take a garage for granted) anyway my question is when I'm fitting the pipework/intercooler is it going to do any harm if I get any rain water in the pipe work?obviously I'll cover up as much as poss but more than likely rain will find its way through will this effect the car?

Sorry if it seems daft just thinking water getting into boost pipes then into engine equals good bye engine????
or am I over thinking it. Lol

Unless it LOADS then I can't see it being a problem... At the same time I reluctant to say it definitely wont be a problem

As far as I'm aware the only real problems here could be water on the MAF or so much water getting into the engine that it bends a rod trying to compress it... That'd have to be a fair amount of water tho

Maybe someone else can add/back up my comments here

Well I'm indoors at the minute mounting intercooler to crash bar. Don't think the pipe worm will take too long will it??

Highly doubt you would hydrolock the engine by getting a little rain on the boot pipes!
Also the MAF will be fine, air in the boost pipework has already been throughout the MAF.

Well manage to fit it all. Just need to line the bumper up properly with me mate tomorrow as I struggled my tits off on my own. Thanks for the replies guys