S3 - Stickers for worn AC buttons

mr_go_man

Reaction score
So, I just purchased a yellow 2002 BAM S3. Obviously the air conditioning buttons were worn. I purchased some matte black car wrap vinyl and laser cut some stickers that I quickly drew up in CAD. Whole job, 20 mins. I'm really happy with the result....not perfect, but so so much better. Here are some before and after photos.....

4anSvwJ.jpg

v7cj523.jpg

Looking at the photos, the sticker does't look quite lined up, but on the car you can't even tell. In fact, unless you know what you are looking for, you would never tell. They look really good at night as well. I had to scrape a bit more of the paint off as my + and - signs are are bit bigger (maybe if I was to do it again, I would make the + and - 'thinner'). Totally stoked with the end product, and on to the next job on my list (dog bone mount).

I made two sets of stickers, so I'll post my spare set to the first person to PM me. May take a while, as I'm in New Zealand, but I'm happy to post anywhere in the world (for free).

Reactions: epox, Nilz, dannyh and 1 other person
Looks decent, although my OCD would be going mad with the different colour buttons.

Those aren't bad at all, but the colour is a bit off. I nearly ordered some the other day as my buttons are suffering a bit (minus gets rinsed because the auto a/c always goes on fall blast!), but you really need new buttons as opposed to stickers IMO.

Honestly, they look great. It's not a well lit part of the car, and they totally blend in. The photos really exaggerate how noticeable they are, and so so so much better than before.

I have seen these for sale but they are the whole button,why not do the whole button ?