AUQ ECU on an AUM engine

tquattro

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a cheap AUQ ECU from a Skoda Octavia VRS, the ECU is stock acording to the seller. I wanted to try it on my A3 1.8T AUM, but of course the new ECU must be paired with the instrument cluster. I managed to retrieve the login codes for both ECUs, and followed the steps from the Ross-Tech website for Immo3 ECU-Swapping:
[Select]
[01 - Engine]
[Login - 11]
For the following procedure, use the PIN of the REPLACEMENT (USED) ECU.

• 4-digit PIN
    • The PIN needs to be entered as 5-digit number in the New Value box. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.
[Do it!]

[Adaptation - 10]
Enter 050 in "Channel Number".
[Read]
For the following procedure, use the PIN of the ORIGINAL (OLD) ECU.

• 4-digit PIN
    • The PIN needs to be entered as 5-digit number. For example, if your PIN is 1234, enter 01234.
[Test]

• The values may change to "32000", this is normal
[Save]

All steps work until the final step, when I hit "Test" button the values change to "32000" but I get the message "SYSTEM" "Not OK", in the two upper message boxes from VCDS, instead of car's VIN and immo serial.

Am I missing something or the Skoda ECU is not compatible with the Audi Instrument Cluster?

Skoda AUQ ECU part number: 06A 906 032 HN
My car's ECU, AUM, part number:06A 906 032 HJ

Yes they are compatible in so much both ecu's will work vice versa, how ever depending on the age of the car it may be a immo 2 or 3 and they aren't compatible, and you would need it de-immob for it to run correctly