Steering alignment/front wishbone bushes

Distant Sun

Reaction score
My query concerns my 2000 Leon but haven't had any replies on seatcupra so thought I'd try yourselves as it's essentially the same set-up.

Had the front wishbone rear bushes replaced by the dealer yesterday and now the steering wheel is 'off' to the left. Should changing the bushes have effected the (road) wheel alignment? I did a search but couldn't find any mention of alignment with regard to bushes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks in advance

To remove the bushes, they had to remove the control arms so had to remove the ball joints...So yes, they will mess us the tracking and camber .etc.

Rich

Thanks for the reply Rich. Would it be reasonable then to expect the dealer to realign the wheels as part of the job?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply Rich. Would it be reasonable then to expect the dealer to realign the wheels as part of the job?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a dealer...then yes - i would. THey should know better!

It says in the official procedures to check wheel alignment after this job.

So yeah, they should have done it.

I may well have been done, but the steering wheel may not have been centered correctly during the process.

Left the car back into the dealers this morning. They hadn't carried out any alignment on the wheels. Offered to straighten the steering wheel by taking it off and turning it a spline or two, but eventually agreed to get the wheel alignment checked.

Thanks for all your replies

Cheers, G