I think I've ordered the wrong coilovers for my S3

Anarki

Reaction score
Hi, need a bit of advise

Rear coil spring has snapped on my S3, subsequently I rushed and decided to go for a entry level coilover kit, however upon further investigating it appears the kit I've ordered is the incorrect kit. Yes I'm stupid. Yes I should of posted on here first and researched more.

I went for the FK Street Line coilover kit for the MK4 platform. I've now realised it's incompatible with the S3.

Rather than faffing around sending it back (weighs 30KG) I'll be selling it, it's literally arrived today unopened.

What kit is recommended generally for the S3 8L platform?

Regards,

Tom

I read up on relatively cheap coilover kits for s3 before I bought mine. I went for AP Coilovers from DPM Performance for £450. I believe SuperKarl runs the same ones as does Brandon on 'Audi S3 UK Owners Group' On Facebook. I've still not gotten around to fitting mine so I can't comment on them yet unfortunately but have heard many people say they're very good for the money.
Hope that's of some help.
Callum.

Any particular reason you want coilovers?

Considered a decent spring & shock combo? Koni, Bilstein, H&R and Eibach is all good kit.

Personally I don't think you can beat the Eibach pro springs for a fast road car, I run Koni shocks on my cars, but have heard good things about the Bilstein too.

Reactions: sportquattro
I read up on relatively cheap coilover kits for s3 before I bought mine. I went for AP Coilovers from DPM Performance for £450. I believe SuperKarl runs the same ones as does Brandon on 'Audi S3 UK Owners Group' On Facebook. I've still not gotten around to fitting mine so I can't comment on them yet unfortunately but have heard many people say they're very good for the money.
Hope that's of some help.
Callum.

I've had them on my a3 quattro for almost a year now, can't fault them, ride isn't too harsh and they look well made compared to some of the kits I've seen

I went for AP shocks and springs, no issues whatsoever and been fitted to the car at least a year now.. Think they're a 30mm drop.

Any pics of it with that drop Russ? That's what I'm planning on lowering mine

My AP coilover experience was great for the first 1-1.5 years.... but 1.5+ years on they could do with being refurbished as they just don't feel or act as well as they did and they are the weak point in my handling set up now :(

I do put a lot of mileage on my car though and it's driven hard quiet regularly. They are good value for money though and you do get what you pay for with them.