Holy crapoly..

noodle

Reaction score
Just had a wee race with a Saab 95 Aero ESTATE on my way home. I was drawn into it - honestly guv, minding my own business when suddenly, as I was slowing down for a junction it happend - he overtook. The rest as they say is history /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

****** it was quick. I wasn't sure what the spec was, but being an estate I thought, hey why not, surely it can't be that quick - Wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

It was across the B roads from Leicester. In a straight line there was nothing in it, but around the twistys I had the advantage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Got home and checked the Saab site and was amazed to find - 'Saab 9-5 Estate Aero 2.3HOT 250 bhp' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif No furking wonder...

Anybody else been botherd by a Saab.

Too damn right, theres an old guy in my town with a Saab 9000, about M reg, thats seriously quick. Its been played with by abbott racing the only give away is a slightly bigger tailpipe the rest looks standard, until he smokes every one away from the lights. I think its over the 300bhp mark.

I had a blat up to the ton with one today driven by a bird. The car may have been 'HOT' but she sure weren't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways, I was stuck to her bumper and she couldn't shake me off, she had to relent and I charged past /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

This fella was gunning it, smoke from his exhaust, the whole deal. Would loved to have taken him but the roads/my ability wouldn't allow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

However, it's just reinforced my plans to get it chipped - just got to keep saving now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My brother works for Saab as a technician (fancy mechanic!) He used to have a 9000 Carlson before wife and family and it was sporting about 205bhp at that time. It was the fastest car I'd ever been in and that was over 8 years ago. He does from time to time "test drive" some of the Aeros and such and they are very fast especially when Abbot racing do the mods - that said they are NOT cheap!