Weird like tin can metal on metal rattle

shan00ble

Reaction score
I am getting this weird like metal on metal rattle even over small bumps and mildly uneven surfaces... this noise however dissapears when I touch the break pedal lightly. Any idea what it could be.

I'm leaning towards the rear break pads rattling and it stopping because I am applyinf pressure to the pads when I break I have inspected and there is no play on the pads when I try to move them by hand...

Any ideas?
Are the rears supposed to have anti rattle clips appart from those on the back of the pad??

Thanks in advance.

yeah sounds like rattly pads to me too.

quick way to check would be to remove the pads and coat the back in copper ease (or similar) then replace and see if noise has gone.

Just an update new bosch rear pads fitted and wow what a difference not a squeak or rattle from the rear!! Bliss

I had the same rattle for a few months and couldn't find it, finally thought that it could be the brakes. Finally decided to strip them to see if I could find the fault, removed the front pads and found the clips folded in and wrapped in electrical tape from the last owner :/ cannot believe what I have just seen, removed the tape bent the clips back out and is perfect again.