camera mount

squigly

Reaction score
Website
sasha.dolgy.com
hopefully this doesn't start another thread that was like the chipped one. i think everyone needs to calm down and do whatever you feel is right for your car, not what other people think is right for it. unless they are giving you the money to pay for it.

anyways, i'm looking to buy a camera mount. i can order some from the states, but i really don't have the patience to wait for it to arrive. looking for something local.

what is a camera mount? well, it fits on the posts that support the headrest. it extends into the middle region between both front seats and has a mounting plate with screw to affix a camera.

this is so i can film and still keep both hands on the wheel.

If you know, that would be cool. There are DIY online for this, but i haven't the patience of the co-ordination...

Afternoon, I've fortunately got the Casio Exilm S2 (the thin credit card sized one) and what I do is get some elastic bands and then hook the camera to the back of either the rear view mirror or the back of the sun visor. It stays in place pretty well, you just have to make sure they are tight enough not to let the camera slip out the side.

For an actual Video Camera, my boss got a standard tripod for his Sony one and then rigged it up in the back. He put the feet in the rear footwells and propped the middle one up in the rear. Got a couple of bungee cords and then hooked up the legs to nothches he found in the back (he's got a Lotus Exige). He positioned the camera down the middle and got an excellent shot. From viewing the tape (which was awesome, a baity M5 was invloved and drizzle) it sat pretty well and didn't move to great degree. He admitted that it took 10mins or so to rig up, but in the end it was definitly worth it.

Good luck

yeah, that sounds a bit too um, not belonging in an audi. the ones i've seen are nice carbon fibre so they don't look totally out of place sitting in the beautiful interior of these cars. that and they are so unobtrusive they are an absolute dream.

the camera i have is a fuji s602 so it's a bit bigger and elastics wouldn't hold it.

I think a couple of books and a poo load of blue tack is just what the doctor ordered... Its amazing what you can hold with this simple house hold combination

I bought my kit from www.b-hague.co.uk plus the extra clamp which is great for mounting on the roll bars of Caterhams etc.

"CAMCORDER MOUNTING KIT CMK £76.55 exc.vat £89.95 inc.vat
Kit includes:- Suction Pad, Double Ball Bracket, Camera Plate, Extension Arm & Superclamp"

sm1b.jpg

035_itm_img.gif

finally got a hold of someone at b-hague yesterday and this morning royal mail arrived with my camera mount. took it out for a quick spin around the block and am quite impressed.

the one i have is the headrest mount and it's being used with my Fuji S602 w/ 1gb microdrive (15min of full 640x480 video) --

Anyways, it's quite nice. No shaking and even through turns it was nice and stable. Thanks scoTTy!

I considered that one but I found that since the seat has suspension (on the TT at least) the camera would move up and down. It may actually transfer some of the feeling to film but I wanted rock steady shots.

P.S. I only use the mount for holiday filming now as I have a bar for my four point harness (when on track) that gives a similar shot as yours but without the movement.

well the camera moves with the car, so it's not at all that noticeable. it's actually quite steady. i was very surprised -- and i'm not a gentle driver. especially with the round abouts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif