a few questins about fitting aftermarket seats ti S3

scotty_24

Reaction score
Hello,
At the minute im gathering parts to fit a hybrid turbo on my S3, but om also wanting to save some weight!
I loive the recaros, but they are just too heavy, so thinking of the possibility of bucket seats.

Ive found these seats and quite like the look of them, and I think they should suit me fine for my needs.
Sparco Sprint FIA Motorsport Bucket Seat - GSM Sport Seats - Bucket seats, racing seats, motorsport seats, roll cages and harnesses
I think these are the correct mounting frames:
Sparco Seats Audi A3 Mk1 (8L) Direct Fit Sub-frames - GSM Sport Seats - Bucket seats, racing seats, motorsport seats, roll cages and harnesses

Can someone just confirm that Ive got the right parts, I think that the subframe should bolt down to the original recaro mounting points, then the Sparco seat would bolt to that by the base mounts?

The only potential problem I can see id the seat belt buckle, as its currenltly mounted to the S3 seats, sould this bolt to the side of the Sparco seat? or is there a mounting point on the chassis used in the A3 etc I could utilise?

The seats also have the option for side mounts, not too sure what this means.

Thanks for any help, greatly appreciated!

I don't know much about seats, but it would be worth your while to email the company regarding the seatbelt as I'm sure they have a solution.

Side mount will mean the seats can sit a little lower in the car