Loss of oil

MOSSY

Reaction score
Got into car this morn and my oil light came on.

When I got to work I checked it after an hour or so and the dip stick was bone dry. As anyone ever had this prob?? The car was serviced late last year and I do normally check my levels but havent recently due to the bad weather.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

if its a S3 then they do use oil up to a litre per 1000 miles off the top of my head

Don't drive it until you've put oil in.

Don't know what car you have but my S3 was serviced in November and I have just checked mine to find it quite low (no warning light though).

So it's not abnormal, depends what car you have and how hard you drive.

some are oil burners, some are teetotal. The oil certainly needs to be checked once a month.

All you can do is top it up, and have a quick visual around the engine for leaks.

then, just look out for blue smoke, and keep checking the level.

i was using mobil 1 and my S3 loved to drink it then I was recommended millers xfs and now It hardly uses any.

btw I intend to change the oil every 6k from now on as I dont like the long service times of 18k just doesn`t feel right

I ve heard when driven hard & when cold can use oil up. Mine does use oil up & Audi state this in the owners book. Just keep an eye on it, the warning light wont come on until it reaches minimum.

Cheers lads

It's all topped up now I will keep my eye on it. I have also noticed over the winter when its been cold it's also been drinking alot more juice.

By the way it is an S3 51 plate 24000 miles. I have had it about 3 years now and I haven't noticed the oild drop before.