Left hand side headlight and brake light out

Jenno007

Reaction score
Driving home I noticed that my left headlight was not working (parking light was fine) and then after I performed some tests I noticed that the brake light on the same time has also gone. Since it's late at night here I haven't checked if it's the globes but it could have only happened in the past day or two as I would have noticed this quite early. Also the headlight is almost brand new so I find it unlikely that two globes blew at the same time.

Is it possible that something else is causing there and has anyone else experienced anything like it?

Car is a 1999 audi A3..

Cheers

Yes I have. There is a fuse you have blown! Check the fuses as you would have interior lights that may not also be working. Mine was down to the sidelight itself that was faulty.. Try another bulb or if it's not working, it's a wiring fault in the headlamp.

Yes I have. There is a fuse you have blown! Check the fuses as you would have interior lights that may not also be working. Mine was down to the sidelight itself that was faulty.. Try another bulb or if it's not working, it's a wiring fault in the headlamp.

Thanks for the reply mate, I was going to check the fuses but I thought why would the brake light and headlight be on the same fuse, and why would it only be for the left hand side. I really hope it is a fuse that will be an easy fix!

Yeah mine went out, left hand side aswel. May be connected that way. Check the fuse. You may still have to check the bulbs

I'm going to go check the fuses now even though it's the middle of the night because I really hope that's what it is!