buying a replacement engine is there anything i should do while my engine is out ?

andy1

Reaction score
Hi guys my audi s3 died on me through oil pump failure :( ive sourced another engine with 67k on it ? Is there any modifications or upgraded parts i should/could be doing to help car run better. Ie replacing hoses, sensors etc thanks andy

Sorry to hear that Andy thats bad luck. I am in the process of reinstalling a new rebuilt engine on my s3. On the performance side of things if your not touching the internals of the engine i would recommend whist the engine is out that you replace the down pipe with a 3" if you do not already have one as this is an absolute pig and if you search on here you can see the issues which most people have when installing when the engine is in situ. Obviously any perished hoses and boost pipes should be replaced and you could install a catch can setup and do the n249 delete which will help free up some space and remove some old pipework. Whilst the engine is out its worth checking gaskets and the sump for leaks. Whilst an engine is out it is worth doing the cam belt and water pump and looking at the dual mass fly wheel condition as-well as the clutch and cover plate. Depending on what mods your car has a badger 5 free flowing turbo inlet pipe always helps things!