AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

audi a3 k04-001 problem

Hi guys have just had fitted k04-001 turbo decat pipe and agu head on arz block....boosting at 1.0 bar but doesnt feel right seems like turbo is kickinh out loads but car feels like it cant cope....would it need re map maf or injectors doing many thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    You have fitted a higher flowing turbo without getting the map changed to suit? was it mapped before or running std map?

You can't just bolt things on and expect them to work dude... k04-001 will put out more airflow at 1bar than the K03 you are replacing which will send the ECU mental.. what car/model/year/engine code was yours originally? ARZ... thats an A3 quattro?

You will need at least a custom map to get it somewhere near, potentially you will need injectors too... just don't fit a 4bar FPR though as you will kill the pump...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    What injectors will he need to go on ko4 cause I was thinking of doing same project !! My plans r ko4 440cc injectors down pipe and map!!! Is that ok to reach 280hp safe on ary engine?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony77 View Post
    What injectors will he need to go on ko4 cause I was thinking of doing same project !! My plans r ko4 440cc injectors down pipe and map!!! Is that ok to reach 280hp safe on ary engine?
    the K04-001 is not a true 'K04'... its a higher flowing K03 essentially...

If you are going for the K04 fitted to S3's etc then yes you will need manifold, turbo, oil and water lines, TIP, downpipe, MAF tube from a K04 car, injectors from a K04 car, mapping

This is assuming a std K04 is used but seeing as there are many other options that are essentially bolt on to the K03 setup such as the Beach Buggy K300 then it really depends on budget and what you can get hold of...

A reliable 280hp on an S3 requires a healthy engine, 80mm TIP/induction kit, decent FMIC, 3" DP etc... getting 280hp from an A3 is no different... you will still need to do the prerequisite work

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi bud u confirmed what I thought it has not been mapped b4 I did plan a re map just didnt want to waste money changing other parts....its a audi a3 1.8t 2000 reg non quattro....had arz engine but we changed the head to agu from later audi turbo...3 people have now confirmed a re map so thank you so much I knew you would know much thanks

Neutral

Status
    I was looking on eBay found a bargain for t3 turbo manifold and screamer pipe but not sure if manifold will fit my Audi!!