Need an engine asap 1.8t BAM

andy1

Reaction score
Hi could anyone point me in the direction of a good 1.8t 20v engine my mechanic tells me i need a BAM code is that correct ? Thanks

Im not sure tbh my mechanic found metal shavings in my oil and told me my big end bearings are away so im guessing i need a full engine ? Thanks

Then you need a new set of big end bearing shells I would of thought? The soft metal is designed to do that if there's oil starvation so it doesn't eat the block or rods.

Worst case scenario you need your rods/block machined and oversized bearings.

I can regrind cranks if needed but should be ok if the bearings took the beating. It's definitely fixable. I rebuild engines every day for work and is far from a big job

I can regrind cranks if needed but should be ok if the bearings took the beating. It's definitely fixable. I rebuild engines every day for work and is far from a big job

Ive already picked up anothe engine but im planning on using my original one for a project, not that i know anything about engines lol but im happy to learn :)

No worries. If you need any help or info about rebuilding or repairing just ask :)