Do A3/S3 owners wave

ToneDeaf

Reaction score
Having moved from TVR ville To the land of S3 as of this Sunday. I have a question. We always used to wave or flash lights when we saw one another out on the road. Do Audi boys and girls do this or will I look a ****??

The latter.

If you MUST acknowlege them, a subtle, knowing nod of appreciation is all that's required, not a girlie wave. My girlfriend's got an old-shape Mini Cooper - mini drivers wave at each other - 'nuff said.

Most I've done is a head nod, or, a simple raise of the hand while it is still firmly attached to the steering wheel.

Never a wave or a flash.

Don't know why I bother though as nobody has ever done it back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

When I had my Corrado that lot were far more friendly.

[ QUOTE ]
When I had my Corrado that lot were far more friendly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats for sure.

I tend to find that audi drivers let each other out of junctions.

Thats probably the most I can hope for here in london.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thats for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

But far more anal...

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, yeh some were, some weren't.

Storm drivers usually were /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'd agree with the Corrado thing, had a few waves while driving mine.

Best car however was my 1969 VW Beetle. Broke down on the way to an event once and had 6 fellow Veedub owners stop to offer assistance. What other cars get that kind of response? Unfortunately nobody could help me sort out the carnage caused by a dropped valve.

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to find that audi drivers let each other out of junctions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also find this

After going out in my mates old Griff where it happened all the time, I used to wave at people when I first got my S3. Don't bother any more as most people don't respond. Not everyone with an S3 is an 'enthusiast'. I look forward to getting a TVR of my own one day.

I got a flash and a wave from another S3 owner yesterday. Mind you, I was pacing it a little so I'm not sure if he was flashing to say hi or slow down, heh!

Audi drivers cant wave just in case they want to re-inforce the same old "look a BMW driver lets show him my indicator manouver!" If they are not playing that joke its because they have told that joke once too many times and the BMW driver has retaliated by chewing his fcuking arms off!

[ QUOTE ]
Audi drivers cant wave just in case they want to re-inforce the same old "look a BMW driver lets show him my indicator manouver!" If they are not playing that joke its because they have told that joke once too many times and the BMW driver has retaliated by chewing his fcuking arms off!

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you get out of bed on the wrong side today NSD? you seem even more hostile than usual... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

If it's any old Audi I wont wave. However, if it's an obviously cared for, slightly nicer than standard Audi, I will wave.

I will only wave at 8L owners though, newer Audi drivers tend not to be enthusiasts.

I also find S3's LOVE to drive fast when they see me, and I do the same I suppose.
(I have a debadged A3 1.8T with Loud Milltek)

Well easy if you see a bright yellow S3 with yellow seats and bling bling alu mirrors it might be me - I'll be the spikey haired idiot probably driving like a ****! I'll happily wave back! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I've usually given some sort of acknowledgment to a fellow S3rrr or even a tidy A3, mind you I flashed another S3 yesterday and he just smiled lol, didn't even mean to flash, I just hadn't seen another S3 for a while so its nice seeing one from time to time. If ever you pass by a tinted black S3 with louder than usually exhaust (lots of them around) give me a thumbs up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif lol, or else I might just think you're up for a race, which I always suspect people are (usually not)

I've come accross 3 S3's that were next to me at traffic lights, we acknowledge each other with a traffic lights grandprix lol. 0-40 can be fun sometimes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The only time I wave at people is if they get on my nerves.
Actually its more of a finger than a wave...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have only seen one since I bought my s3 at christmas but it was the nod of appreciation I got and returned the compliment,
I also had an encounter with a corrado on the M1 and got the nod aswell (not a storm)

the only ppl I wave at is the chavs in their stealth bomber creations ....

I normally find 2 fingers better than 1 when doing this lol

I wave at the people driving up the middle of the road towards me.

Keep your hands on the wheel!!

You better keep that car clean and tidy mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1