Anyone done an N429 bypass?

Fabian808

Looking for parts :P
Reaction score
Hi guys it's probably been asked before but I can't find a thread to look at so I'll just ask.
Has anyone on here with a BAM engined S3 done the N429 bypass?
I have only heard from word of mouth that it's good so I wanted a bit of hard evidence
to suggest that it does actually give results before I go ahead and start ripping bits off my
car. Thanks for any help you can give me chaps.

Loads of people have done it, including myself but I am going to be re-connecting mine because over the last year it's been done, it just never feels a smooth as it used to be.

+1 Yeah it really doesnt since I did mine. I am thinking of re-installing mine but prob find a neater place to plumb it all in.

ive done it to mine and all is well for the time being, done it about 2 months ago :)

Not that its terrible to drive...it may just be my map at the moment I have a kinda a map in progress so it might be the map.

yea mines not mapped yet :( but will have to wait till i can sort the overboost issue out

Overboost? That is likely your n75 that is the valve that controls what ur wastgate sees IIRC.

yea, need to get vcds but skint at the mo :( unplugged the n75 and it doesnt boost at all, doesnt overboost all the time tho which is confusing, but it doesnt stay at 12psi sometime it does then theres times it goes to about 28psi which isnt so good, been driving it like a granny tho for a while ha till i get some spare cash to sort it

are all the vacuum lines to the n75 in good order , when you plumb in your n75 its important its plumbed correctly. Im assuming you have a boost gauge which is a must I believe specially as these cars get a little older.

Are there any guides here for replacing the N75, particularly for the BAM engine?

Now that I think about it maybe your wast gate is sticking thus even though your n75 is working correctly the waste gate isnt working in sync with it.

I think for the n75 it should be pretty straight forward. Just take photos as you remove it and then follow your photos to put the nee one in.

yea theres only 3 pipes i think on the n75 just take a pic and you cant go wrong, ive thought about the wastegate sticking, just need time to get under the car and remove the turbo and stuff and clean it up :)

N75 change is a 5 minute job at most. As above- take pics before you take it off so you remember which hose goes where. The longest section of the N75 slots into the turbo intake pipe.

Good luck man! Must be terrible having to drive such a fun car like a granny!

it has its moments when i need boost, but its not too bad, will go mental once its sorted and get it on track tho :D