Urgent Mechanical Advice Needed!!!

AudiLondon

Reaction score
Car: Audi S3 2000 Reg

So I've just gone for a drive and all is well at first but suddenly as I put my foot down I heard a massive swooshing noise (sounds like its from the drivers side) and the car pulled back and didn't want to go any further. every time I went to accelerate past 3k revs the same thing happened. It doesn't make the noise constantly only when I accelerate past 3k revs. I jacked the car up but didn't have the tools to take the plastic cover off. It is worth mentioning that the plastic cover on the drivers side is half missing, And there is also fresh oil all over the bottom of the engine. So it looks like if there is a hose split its spitting oil out everywhere to.

Also to add onto the air leak noise apparently from the outside it is really loud.

So the question is, What could this be? How can I further diagnose? and Could it be the turbo?

Thank you In Advance​

Burst/loose boost hose, I'm guessing what you can hear is the the air escaping into the atmosphere. Worse case scenario is a broken intercooler.

Burst/loose boost hose, I'm guessing what you can hear is the the air escaping into the atmosphere. Worse case scenario is a broken intercooler.

got to get it looked at and see what the damage is.. Is it safe to drive? Or will I do more damage?

Thank you to the both of you, Ill have a good look tomorrow and report back. Is the oil a different problem then?

Thank you to the both of you, Ill have a good look tomorrow and report back. Is the oil a different problem then?

The intercoolers and hoses will most probably have a layer of oil in them depending on age and mileage, so if something is broken below, it could just be the oil leaking out.

Of course I'm just guessing based on what you have told me in your first post. Hope it's a cheap and easy fix.

Turned out to be a pipe at the back of the engine, had completely come off. Back on now and tightened. Thank you to everyone who replied.

Reactions: JudderMan and jojo