What Audi OE radios will fit A3 other than a Concert?

VAGMAN1

Reaction score
the volume control is playing up and doing my head in! I want something of equal standard to a Concert - is it my only choice?

Yes pretty much, no other HU's could equal the standard of the Concert (they're all better!)
And make sure the replacement is from an A3/S3 as the fascia can be slightly different on Concerts from TT's

so what other radios do Audi produce that will fit an A3 and do not suffer with the volume knob problems?

[ QUOTE ]
the volume control is playing up and doing my head in! I want something of equal standard to a Concert - is it my only choice?

[/ QUOTE ]

I take it you are talking about the Concert Mk1 radio cassette???

Why not replace it with the Concert single DIN CD player - you can pick one up on Ebay for a decent price.......

[ QUOTE ]
so what other radios do Audi produce that will fit an A3 and do not suffer with the volume knob problems?

[/ QUOTE ]

in the post with the full explanation of the problem, it seemed to hint that the later model OEM headunits didn't suffer from the volume problem.... can't say for certain though...

I read that it was the Concert 2 which has the volume knob/bad chip sorted, but does this only fit the new A3?

Concert 2 will fit but need to check sizes the following is some details I have found on ebay.
Standard Concert with cassete is 220mm x 58 mm
8e 0035 86 d 8E0035186J 235mm x 65mm silver strip

8Z 0057 186GX

8B0 035 186 Q 220mm across the top and 58mm bose system

The following website describes the Concert Volume problem it can be fixed but will cost you £80 from OE Electronics in Swindon.
http://www.erta.ru/review/chorus-problem_eng.shtml
Be careful some Concert 2 models have different size front panels.
The following site is a good source of data.
http://www.ibiblio.org/tkan/audi/radios/
I believe the Concert 2 radios have the problem fixed.
If you buy from ebay check the size and if it is Bose or not.
Hope this helps

:blackrs4:

I thought the Concert 2 CD players have different wiring, if they are to fitted into older S3s? I may be wrong of course, but when I was researching this a couple of years ago, I just plumped for a nice Sony CD headunit instead.