Leaking some sort of liquid (heater)

c3jys

Reaction score
Hi yesterday when i parked up as engine was cooling i popped the bonnet and noticed there was liquid am guessing was water. Just droplets coming down heaters were on . So i turned the heating off and the drops stopped any ideas how or whats going on there ?? Dont know how else to explain this sorry

Air con normally causes this... end up with a damp patch under the car... its normal (assuming this is the issue)

If it was a coolant leak it should be pink (Assuming you have G12 as coolant)

<tuffty/>

If it is the air con is it anything to worry about . Dont think i had air con econ switch was off

If econ is 'on' (red led indicator is lit) then air con is 'off'... is this what you mean?

<tuffty/>

No icon is not lit. Dosent that mean its not on .?

No icon is not lit. Dosent that mean its not on .?

Press the econ button... if the switch's LED lights up then aircon is off... if its not lit up then aircon is on... please note this only swtich's the aircon compressor off/on... you can use Auto in ECON mode which means you have climate control but its not using the 'aircon' system to provide the cool air...

<tuffty/>

Yes the light does lit so all this time ive been drivin with aircon on lol. So when its a cold night the econ switch shud b lit. Bit confusing this